Ch. 14 Aftermath

Ch. 14 Aftermath

 14 Aftermath

•--()--•

= A FEW DAYS PASSES since the incident at Jurassic Park, a few people stays in the hospital while a few others decides to spend time outside in civilisation.

Despite her arm being in a sling with a small limp in her steps, Madison decides to venture into the streets of her home. Having missed it during the trouble.

Ingen made the group sign a waiver informing them that everything that happened to them. Happened to the kids. Happened to the now dead workers would be kept under wraps.

She didn't sign it. Malcolm and Muldoon hadn't either but the others sure did. Here Madison sits, on a park bench. Silently gazing towards the happy civilians of New York. Watching how their lives were left unchanged to these sudden days of death.

Her mutant ability had been detected by the hospital and so, Hammond and Ingen bribed them with secrecy. Knowing how the old man would get pestered by the terrified eyes of his dear child.

Luckily, now she had some alone time. Those in the hospital and who worked for Ingen did not let her have a single time alone to herself.

Alan and Ellie were set to leave for their excavation area in the morning and the pair are just finishing with the medical team.

Ian Malcolm was going to return to his home to see his daughter once more. And his girlfriend, partner who loudly speaks into his phone when they called one another.

Robert Muldoon has been forced to stay in the hospital for more medical treatment regarding his leg, forced to stay to get physical therapy as he and his family wanted to get a prosthetic leg to resume his life goals. Probably will do something less then a dinosaur keeper.

Madison has no clue on what to do next. Her life was revolved around the thought of keeping help on the island. That was the way she had been brought up with and now because of all this. Her life was crumbling.

Halting the stuttering sobs from leaving her mouth, Madison felt a new presence. A presence she had no idea about sitting calmly beside her on the bench.

"Miss Hammond correct?" She hears a gruff but stern voice, looking up from the ground. Madison's white eyes lands on a bald dark skinned man with a black eyepatch over his eye.

"Whose asking?" Madison grumbles.

"Nick Fury, director of SHIELD." The man introduces himself, eyes wavering on the females stature. "And uh- I'm you're God-Father

"SHIELD? That's a strange name for a company isn't it?" Madison raises a brow at him. She was looking at him skeptically from his announcement of being her godfather. "I never knew I had a godfather."

"It's an acronym for Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division and I was close to both your father and mother for quite some time." Nick Fury explains, confusing the girl sat beside him.

"You knew my mum and dad?"

"Mhm, me and your father were best friends. He was mainly my mentor and trainer." Nick nods with a short tug on his lips. "He wanted to hand you off into my care but that changed when Hammond got involved."

"Why?"

"We specialise in taking care of those stronger than us, your father worked on a project called The Avengers initiative but that stopped when he fell ill of course." Nick answers, stopping to leave Madison alone in her thoughts.

"You want me to join you?" Madison asks.

"Yes, join me and we'll give you a home, plus anything you'd like." Nick response was quick when the girl asked him. He, feeling something dig into his eyes, turns to find two men, one in a wheelchair and the other wearing a safari hat making their way over. "I believe I must go, you have two visitors."

With that, the strange man leaves. Well, not without giving Madison a card from between two of his fingers.

"Your spot as Captain has already been secured, even if you don't choose to join."

Her eyes study the card, it included a number written rather scruffily along the man. Obviously he had written he quickly before he left.

"Madison?" She hums, lifting her eyes to meet Ian. He was surprisingly outside with Alan Grant even though they are like mainly polar opposites.

"Hey, how's your leg?" Madison asks the chaotician. Slipping the given card into her sling that to her was acting as a larger pocket.

"Good, just a few stitches and to keep the wound clean for a few months." Malcolm explains, patting his injured leg gently. Just so he didn't fist it too hard.

"How's your face." Madison points to the palaeontologist who decides to sit next to her on the bench.

"How's getting electrocuted?"

"You got electrocuted? Why didn't anyone tell m-"

"I did not, no, I managed to transform before that." Madison shakes her head with a loud cough at the start and end of her words. Madison means her head back.

"She did." Alan whispers to the chaotician.

"Who was that man anyway Madison? You seemed on edge." Malcolm asks the girl curiously. Gesturing to the bald dark skinned man who was staring at them almost critically studying them as he gets seated inside the drivers seat of his black Porsche.

"Just someone who knows my father that's all, nothing too serious." She lies, shrugging her shoulders as Madison looks around. "What are you all planning to do next, you know apart from your children and your site."

"I'm going to write a famously well known book about chaos." Malcolm proudly states with a loud laugh. Turning to Alan who was smiling at his actions.

"Probably going to uncover more dinosaurs, you could always join me Maddy." Alan suggests to the girl, Ian butting in quickly.

"Or me, knowing that Kelly will love you." Ian mentions his daughter, he had previously on the flight back. Eyes softening upon the name of his beloved daughter.

"Nah. As much as I'd like to take time to spend with those I've taken a liking too. I already have been approached with something." Madison hops to her feet, pulling out the tiny card regarding the avengers initiative.

"Your spot as Captain has already been secured. Even if don't choose to join."

"What is your plan then Mads?" Ian inquires.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out."

END OF CHAPTER FOURTEEN