Ch. 43 chase

Ch. 43 Chase

 43 Chase

•---•

= RUNNING AWAY FROM VELOCIRAPTORS WASN'T EASY. The group of survivors on Isla Sorna should know this as they slam the door behind them and quickly looks around to see what was inside the room.

There are several rows of oversized steel cages, apparently used for containing young dinosaurs. Many of the cage doors are standing open. They then races down a lone aisle.

"Madison!?" Alan turns hearing Billy's voice, eyes wide as he doesn't see the normal pink and purple headed female.

"Shit!" He was about to go back for the girl until he was pulled back by Udesky, just as then, close behind, the velociraptor bursts into the room, roaring loudly.

As the Velociraptor gains ground, Alan, Paul and Udesky runs into one of the open cages, slamming the door behind them.

Amanda and Billy ducks into another. Before they can swing the cage door shut behind them, however, the velociraptor slams into it, driving the door into the cage.

They are forced back against a chain-like wall, trapped in a small triangle space by the advancing door. The angry animal is now inches away through the cage door.

Then, suddenly, the raptor looks up. We follow its gaze. The top of their triangular enclose is wide open, the eager raptor climbs up the chain-like door.

A calling is made with them turning to find another Velociraptor near the cages. This with a black skin and two white lines along the sides.

Calling aloud even more, the creature scrapes their claws against the sides of the cage. Distracting the velociraptor who turns back to the humans until they are shoved off the door and the new creature deeps their teeth into the creatures neck.

Both Billy and Amanda moved the cage so that they are with the rest of the group who goes and heads to the door. While they do so, the injured velociraptor begins to make a low, haunting moan as they have teeth deepening into their throat.

As the others head for the door, Alan lingers a step, listening to the beast's simple melodic cry and the other creatures growl. It has the same tones as came from the model resonating chamber.

"She's calling for help." He whispers. Shrugging Billy off, Alan moves forward and taps the tail of the stranger creature. "Maddy, we need to move." He tells the animal.

The creature tears their jaw from the back of the velociraptors throat, blood coated teeth snapping near Alan who merely flinches. Hoping it was Madison and not just a random dinosaur, the animal however licked the teeth and nods. Transforming back in Madison who surprisingly hadn't totally ripped her clothes.