Ch. 36 Four Years

Ch. 36 Four Years

 36 Four Years

•--()--•

= ONCE AGAIN, it has been four years since the San Diego incident and everything seemingly turns to normal. Ian stayed living with Kelly while Sarah was off doing work in Africa, Nick was taking photographs of the environment along side her.

Currently a man in his mid-thirties sat on the grass front garden with a young child. Both playing with dinosaur toys. You could hear the child's play noises.

"RRRRROW! GRRRRRR!" The boy, Charlie, a three-year old boy, plays in a sandbox with his favorite toy dinosaurs. The infamous Alan Grant squats next to him and watches with great delight.

His old female companion, Ellie Sattler stands over them, an infant cradled comfortably in her arms it was like a picture of the perfect family from those happy but also sad movies.

"Oh, actually, Charlie, those two are herbivores." Alan sheepishly smiles at the three year old, gesturing a finger towards the two toys in his tiny hands. "They wouldn't be interested in fighting each other. But these..." he picksup two other dinosaurs, they were both meat-eaters.

"See, these are carnivores. And this one here, see its claws, this one here uses its claws to gouge at the throat of its opponent..." The famous palaeontologist demonstrates with some grunts and groans of his own but unfortunately he only succeeds in frightening the boy.

Ellie wanders over to interrupt the man before he further frightens her son. "Uh, Alan?"

"Hmm?" Alan hums as he turns to look at her. Eyes softening at the sight of his companion.

"He's three. Why don't you wait till he's a little older?" She tells the male with a warm chuckle.

"Oh, right." Alan goes back to Charlie with a short smile. "Happy dinosaurs." He bounces them along the sandbox edge.

Then, the sound of a car engine turning off and a door slamming is heard from the drive through. You could practically see the sudden glow adorning her face. "That must be Mark." She then calls out to the man. "Mark, we're back here!"

Ellie and Grant turn to see Mark Degler coming through the gate carrying a briefcase. He's their age, handsome but not annoyingly so, with a friendly, balance demeanor. He and Ellie quickly kiss tenderly on the lips.

Smiling up at her husband, she asks "Good day?"

"Keeping the world safe." Mark smiles, glancing down at the infant cooing in her arms. "Here, let me take her."