Ch. 19 His Daughter

Ch. 19 His Daughter

 19 His Daughter

•--()--•

= While they've been talking, the stuff he's unloading has changed. Instead of photographic equipment, he's now pulling out tools - - a pry bar, a small ax, a set of chisels and punches, bolt and wire cutters.

Malcolm, having realised what this is for steps forward with a held out hand. "We're only going to find Dr. Harding, then we leave immediately. You won't need all that."

"Oh, I think I might." Nick scoffs.

"I do think he will as well." Madison pipes in, picking up one of Nick's cameras and aiming it at her male companion. "Can I?" She asks Nick.

"Yea, sure." Nick nods in agreement and Madison turns to Ian who was watching her skeptically.

"Make a funny face- oh wait, that's your typical look again." Madison utters, preparing to take a selfie as she pretends to do a funny face. Scrunching up her face while smiling widely. Hearing it click, she pulls away despite the feeling of a hand slipping off of her lower back. Then in response a piece of tiny white picture emerges from the very top.

"Shake it." Ian tells her while Madison tore it. Glaring at the man.

"I do know that ya know." She raises a brow. Ian shrugs behind her in response.

Just then, from the ceiling, a large metal cage crashes down, landing on the floor right between them with a deafening clang. The group had to leap backwards and look up. Another worker waves from a scaffolding.

"Sorry, Eddie! Specs say it can't deform at 12,000 PSI, we had to test it!" Eddie bends down to inspect the cage, which is rectangular, constricted of inch-thick titanium-alloy bars.

"What the hell is that?" Malcolm asks from where he stood beside Madison with a hand that had flown over and gripped the females left sleeve.

"A high hide. This care goes up on top of a fifteen foot titanium scaffold. Keeps the researchers out of harm's way." Eddie answers.

"Fifteen feet?" Madison tilts her head with raised eyebrows before she turns to face the object. "Actually, it puts them at a very convenient biting height."

Eddie then examines the cage quickly. "This aluminum's too shiny. We should paint it matte black." He tells a worker standing behind him. "And Bobby, I said I wanted camera mounts in the corners of the cage too, not just on the scaffolding."

"More cameras?"

"Oh yeah." Eddie stands up and gestures to a tall scaffold that's nearby. On it, workers are attaching long, dangling wires to four strategically placed camera mounts.