Ch. 38 Plane ride

Ch. 38 Plane ride

= INSIDE THE PRIVATE JET, Grant re-settles, trying to get comfortable

= INSIDE THE PRIVATE JET, Grant re-settles, trying to get comfortable. Billy is across from him, finishing cleaning his camera lenses before putting them back in the ragged case.

"Even with what I pay you, you could get a better bag." Alan scoffs. And Billy boisterously laughs, having been grateful that he was invited by Alan. "No way. This is lucky. Couple years ago some buddies and I went hang gliding off these cliffs in New Zealand. Updraft sent me right into the side. BOOM!"

"That does sound lucky." Alan murmurs.

"It was this strap alone that saved my life. Got caught on a rock as I was falling." Billy finishes and Alan moves around in the seat. Not exactly excited about all of this.

"Reverse-Darwinism. Survival of the most idiotic."

Billy shifts in his seat awkwardly. "Listen Alan, I really appreciate you bringing me along."

"The bones will be there when we get back. That's the nice thing about them. They never run away." Alan leans forward with a small beat. "And besides, you got me into this. I don't intend to be alone with these people."

"I thought you would've invited someone else's that's all." Billy says.

"I would've but they aren't here anymore." Hearing those words two people sitting near the front of the plane. Paul draws a long, nervous breath and looks at Amanda. She seems just as tense.

Finally finding a comfortable position, Grant puts his hat over his eyes, ready to take a nap.

"So how do you know the Kirby's?" Billy curiously asks the man and he's wearing sunglasses so dark you can't tell whether he's staring at you or fast asleep.

"Through our church." He responds and Billy decides to ask another question.

"What Religion?"

"Uh...the one that worships God and believes in being Good." This confuses Billy, wouldn't someone know what religion they are? Wouldn't they know it for the church?

Deciding not to ask more, Billy turns away and began shuffling through his bag comfortably. Pulling out a few snacks.

Startled, Alan Grant soon wakes up from his slumber, disoriented. He also finds that Billy is leaning over him. "Alan. We're almost there."

The adrenaline still surging through him, Grant turns and looks through the window, clouds mainly obscure the view, than parts are slowly revealed to show an island rising out of the water like it was a god of some sort.