Ch. 17 Hammond

Ch. 17 Hammond

 17 Hammond

•--()--•

= MALCOLM STAYS IN THE DARKENED CORNER of John Hammonds room, watching as his female companion embraces the old ill man who had taken care of her during her youth years.

"Jesus, Dr Malcolm please enter the room more. Especially when you're beside my child." John ushers the much taller individual further into his room, smiling warmly up at the chaotician.

"It's good o see you, it really is. How's the leg?"

Malcolm shrugs while watching the older man lift himself to his feet. "Resentful."

Hammond chuckles. "When you have a lot of time to think, it's funny who you remember. It's the people who challenged you. It's the quality of our opponents that gives our accomplishments meaning." He wanders to the chaotician. "I never told you how sorry I was about what happened after we returned."

Madison notices Malcolm had to look everywhere but John, like he was holding back some packed up anger. Probably because of the older's deteriorated self.

"I didn't know you - - weren't well." Malcolm responds through somewhat gritted teeth. Eyes landing on the purple and pink headed female who moves onto a pile of folders on the desk.

Slipping off the cosy bed, Madison allows the pair to talk amongst themselves and shuffles through the files. Finding names.
Names that shouldn't be there with the title 'SITE B' written in broad letters.

"You seriously aren't thinking about this Hammond?" Madison asks the older man in disbelief, interrupting their conversation as she tosses a file into the man's hands. "Site B has been off limits to the public for god knows how long!"

"That's why I need you two to go, I was just telling you both thi-"

"And take his girlfriend!? That's even more fucked up than last time!" Madison shouts out in frustration. "Also, you're taking a tourist?"

"They aren't just any touris-"

"Wait what? You sent Sarah where?" Malcolm immediately jumps onto the bandwagon and approaches the pair closer.

"Isla Sorna, another island filled with dinosaurs." Madison responds in a hushed voice, narrowing her eyes at her uncle.

"What!? Why?"

"-before you ask that, she came to me." Hammond tells the man. Pointing a finger at the individual.

"So you thought it'll be good to piss me off more and let her!"