Ch. 20 Isla Sorna

Ch. 20 Isla Sorna

 20 Isla Sorna

•--()--•

= THE OFFICE was filled with groans, grunts and numerous complains much to the satisfaction of the workers that had to now maneuverer around the workplace. Avoiding it.

They thought they would be traumatised if one entered the room and when Ian Malcolm did walk over to talk with Madison, he had to take two shots at watching the scene when he opened the door.

Madison sat on a high desk, top and jacket now tossed to the side. Scrunched up which left her just in her bra while her hands were planted on either side of Tony Starks shoulders. Eyes glaring at him while he was knelt on the floor.

"Am I interrupting anything-?" Ian moves his hand quickly to cover his eyes only for Tony Stark to laugh.

"Only just to interrupt Madison's foul groans!" He laughs, pulling away to show Ian that he and the girl wasn't doing anything... like a few in the warehouse suspected.

A chortle leaves Ian's mouth and for some reason he had a look of confusion until he eyes his friend. "What happened?"

"Got a bunch of brand new scars." Madison answers, slipping off the desk as she grabs her top. Slipping it over her body then the jacket. "What did you need Ian?"

"I've just been told to tell you both that we're now going."

Lush green plants drip everywhere in this verdant lagoon. Sulfurous yellow steam issues from the ground, bleaching the nearby foliage white. In the distance on can hear the cries of jungle birds.

Madison Faye stands on the edge of the boat, clinging her bag close to her skin as she eyes the oncoming island. Her knuckles were pale as she could easily remember the roses of the giant t-Rex from Jurassic park.

The boat is soon beached and the jeep and trailers back down a narrow ramp onto the soft clay shore at the edge of the lagoon. Madison and Tony both notices a large three-toed animal imprint in the clay at the water's edge, and the AAV backs right over it, swapping its track for the animal's.

Malcolm is at the edge of the water with the ships Captain. nick stands between them, translating while Eddie looks on.

"That captains been put on death row." Madison whispers, haves shoved further into her pockets as she saw that the Captain looks fearful, one arm draped protectively around his son and Madison turns to a Tony Stark who now was wearing a comfortable black and blue hoodie, his mechanical heart seeping through the fabric.

"Be careful with your heart Tony." Madison did try her best to encourage the man to not go but he did not budge a single moment. So now she just simply tells him what to be careful about.

"I know Madison, please trust me that I'll be safe." Tony whispers, clamping his hands over his companions cheeks and he softly presses his lips to the top of her head. Looking down at her face right after. "I can't sleep knowing you are probably shitting your pants."

"I will not be shitting my pants." Madison scoffs before moving to walk into the forest, confusing the group as Eddie shouts.

"Where do you think you're going?" Eddie shouts.

"In the forest, what does it look like!?" Madison yells back before her body was consumed in a large grey cloud, her disappearing immediately.

"What was that?" Nick asks confusedly.

"Madison is a mutant, she can manipulate her DNA to what she wants." Ian answers, looking off to where the female left. An unsettled feeling in his stomach.

Sprinting through the forest, Madison stops shortly before she reaches an old laboratory. One she recognised easily.

It was the first home John Hammond had taken the girl and so she cautiously enters the place, it was easy to fall in disguise as she had transformed into a large adult sized saber-tooth. Clothes cling to its back.

Luckily, SHIELD had made adjustments to her clothes so that whenever she needs to transform, they'll be pulled into her back and into a bag.

Opening the door with her head, Madison finds a whole room filled with old incubators, many had eggs that were never fertilised enough to be able to hatch.

Transforming back, her hands grazes over the glass. Silently studying the abandoned creatures inside.

Skimming her eyes around, they land on an egg in one of those tubes. Twigs and vines curls around it and so she tears them apart.

It was alive. The machine was almost working as even with one small tap, it glows the inside. Looking down to the name board which had the words:

'Giganotosaurus'

"The worlds largest carnivore ever seen..." Madison whispers, just then she hears a voice from her satellite phone she pulls out of her rucksack.

"Madison? Can you hear me?" It was Ian, she presses it to her ear while keeping an eye on the egg.

"Yes I can hear you Ian, what's up?" Madison asks. Jumping when she hears the clicks off claws knocking against the floor.

"We've found Sarah and it's getting dark, we're going to go to the set up camp if you won't mind meeting us there." Ian tells the girl, informing her of the plan while Madison nods and slips her hand over a button. Screaming aloud and short when the glass was quickly brought down.

"Madison? What was that?"

"Nothing, I'm just visiting the old hatchery that's all and pressed a button." Madison responds, watching as the egg is presented to her and cautiously she opens her bag, finding enough space cushioned by clothes and other things. Placing the satellite phone on the table, Madison reaches out and clasps her hand around the egg.

However, a calling sound from a creature freezes her in place. The door to the hatching lab creaks open and soon enough Madison instinctively swerves to the side. A velociraptor jumping and flying through the back glass, the sounds of shattering glass reaching the phone.

"Madison!?" Ian is heard shouting while Madison was mostly focused on keeping herself safe.

She sprints to the exit when she skids to a stop, eyes catching onto a figure in the corner she turns to. A young an African-American girl around twelve years old with black hair tied up and black eyes.

It was Kelly Malcolm.

END OF CHAPTER TWENTY