Ch. 16 Ludlow

Ch. 16 Ludlow

 16 Ludlow

•--()--•

= FINALLY REACHING THE DESTINATION, Madison Faye stands with her back hunched over right behind her old companion, Ian Malcolm.

"Whom shall I tell Mr. Hammond is calling?" Hammond's newly appointed Butler asks the two individuals he welcomes inside of the luxury looking house. A house Madison hasn't stepped foot in for years.

"Ian Malcolm." Ian tells him, the butler and the chaotician turning to look to the purple and pink headed woman.

"Just tell him Madison is here, that's all for me." Madison tells the butler. Scratching the side of her neck and as they watch the Butler turn to go down the hall. Footsteps hitting the ground makes the pair turn to the stairs where they find both Timmy and Lex Murphy.

"Maddy! Ian!" Timmy eagerly calls out for a pair as he immediately goes to hug the tall white eyed female. Her smiling widely and hugging him tight. They pull away.

"You've undoubtedly grown! Last time I saw you, you were around here." Madison moved her hand to show what she was talking about, making the young boy laugh.

"Well it has been four years Maddy." Tim responds and steps back so that his older sister could go and hug the female.

"You've grown beautifully Lex." Madison chuckles, swaying both her and the younger girl comfortably.

"So have you Madison, don't you think so as well Malcolm?" Lex pulls back and asks the man, gesturing her hands to the taller female before clapping them.

"Mhm, beautiful as always." Malcolm nods, giving the young brunette a high-five that was loud.

Just then, a man Madison recognises to be Peter Ludlow, her cousin who was older her, exits a room carrying a sheaf of papers, he notices Malcolm and Madison, then smiled tightly.

"I don't like him." Madison whispers, Malcolm nodding in agreement.

"Same here but oh well."

"Well, Dr. Malcolm, Madison. Here to tell a few campfire stories with my uncle?" Peter asks the pair curiously.

Malcolm rolls his eyes and walks forward while Madison ruffles her nephews brown hair. "Do me a favor, Ludlow. Don't ever pretend you and I don't know the truth. You can convince Time magazine and the Skeptical Inquirer of whatever you want, but I was there. I know what happened."

"Do you actually believe that everyone who chose discretion did so?" Ludlow asks in a calm voice while he is passed a few files from his workers. "Even Lex and Ti-"

"Leave them out of this Ludlow." Malcolm speaks up, not realising Madison was going to speak when he does so instead.

"You're lucky we didn't sue you." Ludlow reveals, glaring at the man from the corner of his eyes. "You signed a non-disclosure agreement before you went to the island that expressly forbid you from discussing anything you saw." He explains, turning to stare at the man. "You violated that agreement."

"And you lied." Ian responds harshly, hands that were shoved into his black leather jacket pockets were obviously tightening at the conversation.

"Do you have any idea how you quick to condemn the academic world is? You cost me my livelihood. My reputation."

"Could live with me and your family." Madison nudges his side with her elbow, trying to cheer the aggravated man up.

"As I understand it, your university revoked your tenure for selling wild stories to the press, I hardly see how that's my -"

"I didn't sell anything, I told the truth." Malcolm interrupts the man with a spitting manner, frown drooping even more.

"Your version of it." Ludlow responds.

"I won't mind slicing those vocal cords of yours up Peter." Madison sneers, head looming closer as she walks towards him. Stopping when her companion grabs her forearm.

"You are still in Ingen's hands Madison, I suggest not to do anything whacky enough that I deem you a danger to society." Ludlow glares at the girl, the female gritting her teeth.

"I'll show you what's a danger to society." Madison jolts forward, forcing herself back by Ian pulling her back to his side. One of his hands gripping the back of her cotton jacket.

"There are no versions of the truth. This isn't a corporate manoeuvre." Malcolm turns the direction before it turns hay-wire, pulling the girl firmly to his side before she practically maul the man. Even if Ian wanted it. "talking about my life."

"We made a generous compensatory offer for your injuries." Ludlow informs him and the taller male scoffs.

"It was a payoff and an insult. InGen never-"

"InGen is my livelihood, Dr. Malcolm, and I will jealously defend its interests. In a few weeks." Ludlow stops he himself and stares to the girl, he knew about her abilities. The whole Hammond family knew it, mainly because she wasn't as much hidden although they hadn't seen her apart from family gatherings such as Christmas. "it'll all be moot. And your problems will long forgotten."

He starts to walk out, but Malcolm catches him by the arm, narrowing his eyes at the man's head. "Not by me."

"Be careful, this suit costs more than your education." Ludlow warns the man, turning to raise a hand towards his cousin.

"Madison, I suggest you get your things collected. You're coming with us-"

"Not if Nick or I have anything to do with it." Madison slaps his hand away from where he placed it on her shoulder. "And even you know not to fucking anger Fury." She spits, forcing a finger into his face before the man walks away.

"I want to kill him." Madison grumbles, moving to the bedroom of her old guardian. Malcolm chuckling from beside her.

"You surprisingly aren't the only one." Ian responds. Placing a hand on the females back as he gets her to go up the stairs quicker, noticing the slow movements like she was cautious.

"Madison? Is that you?" Hammond's voice reaches the pair's ears as they also hear a few horrid coughs before the pair steps into the room.

Hammond was on his bed, sat up with a shocked and happy look on his face. He reaches a hand out to his child who treks over and slips her hands into his. He could feel the rough and dry pads of her flesh. A complete opposite of his soft and wrinkly ones.

"It is me Uncle." Madison nods, softly watching him cough before welcoming her into a rather strange hug since she was stood up and he was sat.

"My child." He whispers, cradling the back of the woman's head with his thumb rubbing circles soothingly.

END OF CHAPTER SIXTEEN