Ch. 30 Caves

Ch. 30 Caves

 30 Caves

•--()--•

= It was so obvious that no one was potentially able to outrun a previously extinct tyrannosaurus rex, and Nick knows it, so in a fit of adrenaline, he sprints ahead of Sarah and Kelly and spots something off to his left.

It's a waterfall, apparently right in front of a sheer rock face. But there's something about the way the water is falling that tells him something.

"Follow me!" He grabs each of them and hauls them forward, the two females keeping a firm hold on the three cubs, they simply run straight at the waterfall.

In their eyes, apparently, he intends to jump right into the rock, and he's dragging them along with him.

"WHAT ARE YOU-" Nick interrupts the loud cry of Sarah and orders the two to jump. All of the lunges right at the waterfall and disappear through the masking water.

There is a small recess, which is what Nick had hoped for. It's only four or five feet deep, but it's just enough for him, Sarah, Kelly, Ezra, Renee and Bumble to cower behind the flowing water. Breathless, terrified, they can here the mayhem outside.

"Shhhh..." Nick shushes the group and then an enormous splash occurs, something bursts through the cascading water and crashes into them. It's Burke.

"Get out of the way!" He growls and bulls his way up against the far wall, as far away from the water as he can.

Just then, another shape pushes past the waterfall. It was the tyrannosaur. Burke had given way their seemingly perfect hiding spot.

The four scream with the cubs roaring as the rex's jaws snaps left and right attempting the capture the group, almost searching for them, falling just inches short. They squeeze as far back against the wall as they can get.

The rex can't quite get its head all the way through the opening, so it uses its tongue. A long, dark blue shape slithers out of its mouth and touches the humans, trying to wrap around them, to pull them out of the cave.

Burke, blind with panic, forces himself even further into the cave, which pushes Kelly holding Bumble further out.

"You're pushing her out!" Sarah cries, protectively shooting an arm out so that she accidentally drops Ezra but luckily Nick quickly grabs the small cub before the T-Rex succeeded in grabbing the poor thing.

Dr Burke doesn't listen, he throws elbows to make room for himself. Although, his movement dislodge a portion of muddy earth, and flurry of enormous stone snakes, eight or nine inches long each, pour out of the wall and swarm over his face and neck.