Insider

A few days after we held him, he was finally taken off the ventilator, and those moments became more and more frequent. He's not out of the woods yet, but he's very close to it. As much as they told us that, we were still struggling with leaving him for more than an hour a day to run home and come straight back again.

Day fifty-one brought another blow to us as Jacob walked into the room with his fists clenched and teeth gritted.

"Can we talk?" He spat out.
"Wow, what's wrong?" Leah screwed her face up.
"Someone's a fucking snake."
"What?" I asked.
"I'm sorry. I've tried to protect you both. It's everywhere; every news outlet is talking about it. Everyone knows."
"Fuck sake." I sighed.
"I'm sorry." Jacob reiterated.
"Can we see?" Leah shook her head.

Jacob passed his phone to us, and tab after tab was opened on his internet. We read the first few, disgusted that they would print something personal, but then Jacob announced there was one that was worse than any of them.

Baby Blues: Leah Williamson is said to be 'distraught' and 'riddled with guilt' as her son fights for life in the hospital.

Leah Williamson, the Arsenal and England sensation, is said to be 'distraught', 'riddled with guilt' and 'exhausted' after the premature birth of her son, whom she has with Williamson & Co owner Sophie Kelly.

The couple had made no suggestion that Sophie was pregnant; however, rumours were circulating online a few months ago after Sophie was seen exiting a baby clothing shop with Williamson's mother.

Eagle-eyed fans also witnessed Leah's hand placement on her girlfriend's stomach as the two walked through a swarm of fans to return to their vehicle after an Arsenal men's Premier League match.

Fans had been speculating that the two had separated after radio silence on both social media accounts. Kelly, who does not frequently post, was said to have 'ignored' the birthday of her niece, which fans have said was 'unusual' and 'out of character'. Leah, an active social media user, has not posted since she travelled to Brazil.

Fans on social media site Tik Tok have been posting about their own experiences since, suggesting that England players were 'awkward' and 'secretive' when asked about Leah's absence after the match. Lionesses manager Sarina Weigman said in a press conference, when asked about Leah's absence at the time:

"Leah has a duty as the captain of her country to give a certain percentage to her football career. When things are okay elsewhere, I expect that to be 100%. When things are less than good elsewhere, I expect 0%. A career is important, but family is everything. I have no doubt that she will be back when she is ready and when 100% of her isn't needed elsewhere. That is all."

At the time, fans were quick to speak of the support that the manager has shown to the captain and defend Leah against trolls who were making comments about her commitment to the game.

Williamson had travelled to Brazil for the upcoming friendlies, with Keira Walsh posting a picture of the two on the plane on the first day of travel captioned with a heart.

It is believed that Sophie then went into labour in the early hours of the morning some weeks ago while Leah was sunning herself in Brazil, attending the international break.

Williamson is said to have flown home by jet, rushing to Sophie's bedside, but it is reported that the baby had already been born by the time she landed. The insider also told us that the baby was delivered via c-section and that the two were told multiple times that the infant would die.

The Arsenal star is said to be 'riddled with guilt' and 'refusing to leave the hospital' after missing the birth of her child. The insider reports that the couple are 'fighting a second battle to save their relationship' as Sophie is said to be 'hurt and betrayed' that Leah 'refused to stay home' when she was pregnant. Our insider also suggested that Williamson's Mum has played a 'critical role' in 'crisis talks' as Leah battles to save both her son and her relationship.