Court Resumed

"Woowwwww. I have missed this!"
"Oh, give it a rest, Le!" I chuckled.
"What? It's been a long time since I've seen you in a suit. I'm allowed to admire."
"I'm late!" I rolled my eyes, pushing passed her at the bedroom door.
"That I did not miss."

I chuckled at her as I made my way downstairs, sitting in front of Teddy's high chair to give him his breakfast. It was hard to believe that I was going back to court. I'd often wondered if this day would ever come again.

Leah had been supportive, giving me time to do my preparation and taking Teddy out when I was having virtual meetings with the client to minimise the background noise. I could tell she was proud of me; she was unable to hide that little smile that showed itself at the corners of her mouth or disguise the way her eyes glistened when she watched me get dressed that morning.

"You going to be a good boy for mummy today?" I cooed as I fed him.
"He's always good for me." Leah spoke proudly.
"Yeah well he's - oh my god - nah, Teddy!" Teddy had swung his arm out and knocked the entire bowl over me.

Laughter. Lots of laughter. From both of them.

"It's not funny, Leah! My shirt is soaked through!" I scoffed.
"C'mon, he didn't mean to. He just hit it with his hand."
"Doesn't mean it's funny!"

She bit at her lip to suppress another chuckle leaving her body, leaving the room for a few seconds before returning with a green satin shirt.

"C'mere, babe." She whispered from the doorway.
"Are you going to laugh again?"
"No."
"I don't believe you."
"Do you want to be late instead? I can just take this shirt back upstairs?"

That smirk.

"No. Obviously not." I mumbled, unbuttoning the shirt I had on.

She just stood there.

"Give me it then."

No movement.

"Leah, give - me - the - shirt." I chuckled.
"Come get it."
"Why are you like this?"
"Hm." She chuckled.

She's literally just enjoying this view.

I walked towards her, able to tell from her eyes that she was planning something else. She held the shirt above her head, smirking down at me once again.

"You're so annoying." I sighed, trying to reach above her.
"I know. Here, let me." She softened, placing my shirt behind my back to help me put it on.
"What did you even get out of that?"
"Boobs in my face." She chuckled.

I rolled my eyes as she brought the first button towards the corresponding hole, her eyes changing from mischievous back to those glistening, loving eyes again.

"I"

One button.

"Am."

Another button.

"So."

Another button.

"Bloody."

Another button.

"Proud."

Another button.

Of—ah fuck. I've run out of buttons." She giggled.
"It's fine; don't stop, of?"
"You, Soph. You." She smiled.
"Yeah?"
"Always." She placed a kiss on my forehead.

I kissed them both goodbye before heading out the door for court. Driving to work was normally something I hated, especially after being off, but today was different. Today I was going back to do the thing I loved: going back to court. My phone snapped me out of my thoughts, making me raise an eyebrow as I saw it was Paula calling me.