New Life

X - normal text

X - text where Bloom is not present

'X' - thoughts/others expressions & phrases

'#$X#$' - Parseltongue

Chapter 1: A New Life: 

Being born a girl in royalty was very different from being a guy. Although, technically, the Potters were royalty in my last life. They were among one of the 28 elite families who'd settled in Britain centuries ago and had built up enough gold to destabilize the global muggle economy nine times over. To be fair, most of the other pureblood families had the same, more or less gold than we did. 

Either way, living life as a girl wasn't all that different from being a boy, although I was only a baby. From my limited understanding of muggle child-developmental psychology, there were several growth stages for males and females, with males maturing physically faster than females, while females matured mentally faster than males. Maybe that was why Hermione was always annoyed with me, Neville, and the Weasley Twins for our childish antics and pranks. Those antics quickly stopped when the Triwizard Tournament drew that night for champions. 

Either way, muggles had pointed out an early gender stereotype common with newborns. If it's a girl, then the child's bedroom should be pink, they should wear girly clothes, and be given dolls to play with. If it's a boy, then the child's bedroom should be blue, they should wear plain, patterned, or striped clothes, and be given blocks, models, and toy versions of tools and weapons to play with. 

I had already noticed that stereotyping. My nursery (which really just was the corner of the King & Queen's bedroom) was decorated with pink walls and paintings of this dragon that had very similar features to the Chinese Firesnout, but minus the wings, and looked to be made up of pure fire, not a magically-resistant hide or flesh. My nappies were white, my baby blanket was blue, with 'Bloom' inscribed in the corner, and my crib had a silver mattress. The crib was made with golden-brown wood that reminded me strongly of the shade of Hermione's hair. 

I was dreading the way that I would have to dress as I got older. Pureblood etiquette (which Susan had drilled into my head) wouldn't work here, as I'd been taught about the male half, not female, and I knew that there was a lot more to the female part than Susan was willing to tell. Still, there were things that would be more obvious, such as remembering to keep my legs closed when wearing skirts--I blushed when I realized that--as it would be questionable to be spread and open like that. 

Bras too, oh Merlin! I'd be growing breasts in a decade or so, and then I'd have to deal with cramps...I immediately shut off this train of thought before I thought of something else that would be maturing come puberty, which I was told was a bitch to girls. 

Still, I was doing my best to stay open-minded, especially since I'd be viewing life from a different perspective. One without a prophecy dangling over my head, without a dark lord, or a horde of snake-face worshippers hunting me down. A life where I wouldn't be growing up in an abused house, I wouldn't be a malnourished, frail child who dresses like a dirty street urchin and was unaware of his family's legacy and their true nature. 

I took a deep breath, then mentally screamed as a pink puffy nipple was shoved in my face. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In many ways, being reborn as Bloom was one of the greatest gifts I'd ever been given, but also one of the greatest curses. I still had all the memories and moments of my last life. I was in the body of the opposite gender, and I was fearing being raised as a girl.