Save the First Dance Pt.3

X - normal text

X - text where Bloom is not present

'X' - thoughts

'#$X#$' - Parseltongue

Chapter: : Save the First Dance Pt.3: 

The Trix walked through the empty halls. Darcy cast a spell that turned the wall one-way transparent. They could see outside, the Specialists and some of the arriving Paladins heading towards the left side of the school. Good. 

"Straight ahead," Icy said as they rounded the next corner, now in the back end of the school. The floor above is the old bint's office. "Now we make a right." 

They did and soon found themselves in front of a guarded room. Two Specialists stood on either side, and both were conversing. 

"--and did you see Anabelle? She looks so hot in that little green number!" 

"I know!" 

"Don't say I know, she's my girlfriend!" 

"Then why aren't you with her, lady's man?" 

"Because I'm here listening to you whine about guarding our gifts for the fairies!" 

"Oh yeah, next time ask your girlfriend why she's--" 

Icy rolled her eyes at the boy drama. Stormy and Darcy were tapping their feet. "Well?" Stormy asked, hungrily waiting for battle. 

"Two simping boys protect our prize," Icy said. She turned to Darcy. "Darcy, be a dear and put them to sleep." 

"With pleasure." the darkness witch purred before turning invisible. She walked behind the two and pressed a single finger to their heads. "Morpheus", she intoned softly, and both teens fell down immediately, snoring as they were slumped against the walls, cuddling their weapons like teddy bears. 

Sneering, the Trix stepped over their sleeping bodies and into the little alcove where the gifts were. A single green chest stood at the back with yellow markings of Red Fountain's logo, plus a gold padlock. 

"Where's Alfea's? Or Beta's? Or Malacoy's gifts?" Stormy asked, annoyed. 

Icy shrugged, hiding her slight annoyance. Their spectacle wouldn't be as grand without the other gifts, but it would have to do. Their real mission took priority, this was just a diversion. 

"We were just told to curse the gifts." She pointed out the loophole. "How many different school gifts we were told to curse doesn't matter. Snake rats will soon ruin their celebrations, one way or another." 

Darcy sniffed. "I can't think of a good reason as to why the Red Fountain boys would want to hang out with these losers, let alone lavish them with gifts." 

"Not like we'd care to socialize with those wanna-be heroes anyways. Who needs a prince to save a damsel in distress? Furthermore, who wants to be a damsel in distress?" Icy commented in disgust. 

"Good point," Darcy said. 

Icy glanced at Stormy. "Sister, be a dear and get that disgusting contraption open." 

"I'm just tingling to do just that," Stormy zapped the lock with different electrical pulses of magic until she found one that worked. When it did, the locking mechanism was unlatched. 

Identical smirks grew on the witches' faces, which quickly turned to sneers as they opened it to see identical pale gold eggs speckled with teardrops in pure gold.