Day of the Lily Pt.3

A.N.: 15K READS!! OMG THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

*Late Upload*

I am so sorry for how long this chapter has taken to come out. I've been busy with finals (online classes give research projects as finals which are the WORST), that and I've started to look into the lore and stuff I need for the Winx Club one-shots that yall requested on my other fic. 

I didn't realize how long this would take, so for the first time ever, I'm likely going to be doing five or six parts for Day of the Lily. We'll see how things go, but from the looks of it, with the slow-burn style I've been using, I might have to expand to give more room for all the character development and storybuilding I want to add in. 

Lots of little tidbits and questions to ask that won't make sense right now, but have a very important role for later in the future ;)

Now plz enjoy!

X - normal text

X - text where Bloom is not present

'X' - thoughts

'#$X#$' - Parseltongue

Chapter : Day of the Lily Pt.3: 

"Normally, Day of the Lily is supposed to be a break." 

Faragonda lifted her head, Griselda absent this time as Silva and Saladin emerged from behind the treeline. 

They were once again meeting near the shores of Crystal Lake, in the Dark Forest. It was the safest place where they could meet without drawing attention. As far as anyone was concerned, they were all busy in their own offices, not to be disturbed, and this meeting wasn't happening. 

"Apologies for pulling you away from your duties, and your nephew, but there are startling developments," Faragonda replied stiffly. 

"No Griselda?" Silva asked with a slight smirk. 

"She's keeping my alibi," Faragonda replied. "As far as anyone is concerned, we never met." 

Saladin eyed her with some concern. "You look tense, Fara. Has something happened?" 

She sighed tiredly, before giving him a 'look' as she said, "Many things have happened, but there is one development you both must be aware of." She hesitated, then said firmly, "She has stirred." 

Shock spread over both of their faces. 

"Impossible." Saladin shook his head. "That cell is supposed to be the strongest prison we could find to put a fairy!" 

"Are you certain?" Silva demanded, his hand on the hilt of his sword. "Has she broken free?"

"No to the latter." Faragonda shook her head. "She was able to attack the mind of one of my students." 

"Is this student alright?" Silva asked with worry. 

"She has made a full recovery." Faragonda's smile was tight. "It is fortunate that she has a close circle of trusted friends who are willing to bend the rules to use basic healing rites." 

"Indeed." Saladin took a shuddered breath, looking grim. "Has she tried anything else?" 

"No." Faragonda shook her head. "But it is an oversight that I have spent much of my free time fixing. Increasing surveillance around her cell, reconfiguring wards, and increasing their power. With luck, she will not be able to attempt that avenue to freedom again."