Mind of a Child Pt.1

A.N.: Merry Christmas Everyone!! I'm proud to say that all the parts of this quartet are finally written lol. There's still a bit of editing that needs to be done on the last two chapters, so here's what I'm gonna do. There's a chapter today and tomorrow (Christmas Eve & Christmas Day), as well as a chapter on New Year's Eve and Day respectively. 

I wish that I could include all of the scenes I've written over the next four parts, but I don't think that I'll be able to include everything, especially how Bloom and Andy get together. So when S1E13 rolls around, I'll throw in more of Bloom's childhood and teenage years on Earth. 

Also, I introduce Daphne's friends; people whom I hinted at in the beginning, and sometime in the future, this fanfic will play different roles and connections for Bloom and Daphne. 

Any flashbacks that leave Bloom's P.O.V. out of it are just normal italics. 

Now please enjoy. 

X - normal text

X - text where Bloom is not present

'X' - thoughts

'#$X#$' - Parseltongue

Chapter : Mind of a Child Pt.1: 

After we cried while clinging to each other, the silence felt more disturbing than the weird feeling of a dead soul and a living soul embracing. 

She looked around my mind in awe, staring at the moving memories in orbit around the sphere of my magic. Her gaze drifted to the Dragon Flame, which coiled around us. 

Finally, she broke the silence, seeming to know what this was. "Your mindscape is much more advanced than mine. Far more impressive, and organized."

I gasped in surprise--not having expected to be able to relate to anyone else regarding the mind arts. "You have a mindscape too?"

"All of Sparx's fairies and wizards did," She replied quietly. "Our people belonged to a comic power that is still sought even to this day. Our minds had to be strong, we had to be resilient. By unfortunate circumstance, by necessity, all of our people were hardened, and expected to be confronted with darkness at any moment."

I shivered, knowing that she was talking about the Ancestresses. The Dragon Flame gave a low growl at the thought, his head facing us while his scaly, fiery body still coiled protectively around us, his warmth reassuring, even in my prison. 

"I know, buddy," I murmured, leaning from my seat to rub the Great Beast's snout while my sister watched with approval and a knowing smile. 

I ducked my head, feeling my cheeks warm. 

"He is so proud of you, Bloom," Daphne said, pride also heard in her tone. "He knows the lengths you've gone to protect him, as do I." 

I blinked in surprise. "You do? How? We just met." 

She chuckled. "We know of the things you've achieved, and strive to achieve. And for the record, I'd say that you are on the right path."

I blinked, interpreting what she hadn't said. "You can talk to him?"

She chuckled. "In a way, yes. It is not how you and I talk, but a mutual understanding of feelings. In time, you will too."

I nod slowly, watching him. "Thank you for trusting me with your power," I say softly, and he growls playfully at me.