Miss Magix Pt.4

A.N.: Hey everyone! Thank you all so much for the upvotes! 

So, I started school this week, and I'm going to be a little slower when uploading these chapters, mainly because I need to figure out my new schedule, time management for assignments, alot study time for quizzes and tests, midterm projects, etc. Such is the life of a college student. 

Just wanted to let you all know ahead of time. 

Now, please enjoy. 

X - normal text

X - text where Bloom is not present

'X' - thoughts

'#$X#$' - Parseltongue

Chapter : Miss Magix Pt.4: 

"Well?" Beatrix glanced at D'arcy, who was using a listening spell to overhear what the judges were saying. "What's their verdict so far?" 

"Princess Stella and Loser Lucy are neck and neck, but they're leaning more towards the princess because she didn't just dance, she incorporated complex magic into her dance." D'arcy removed the spell with a flash of darkness and an irritable sneer. 

"We have to do something." Isobel hissed. "I'm not going to let that spoiled sunny bitch take that crown." 

"Don't forget why we're here." Reminded Beatrix of all people, her eyes shining with barely contained malice. "We're going to expose Lucy as the freak she is. Stella is just collateral damage." 

"We still need Lucy to be crowned, so we can then expose her. Otherwise, our lives are at risk." Isobel spat. 

"And she will be." D'arcy summoned her powers and left a duplicate of herself before she vanished. 

"I'll be right back." her disembodied voice said somewhere behind them. The door to their box opened, and then shut. 

The remaining sisters glanced at each other, shrugged, then resumed their attention on the stage. Appearances had to be kept up, after all. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And now, we will begin the questionnaire round!" The announcer said brightly, as though he'd just taken a Pepper-Up potion and dozens of Cheering Charms to the gut. "Each contestant will come forth when called and will be asked a single question: What would you do if you win the Miss Magix beauty pageant?" 

"I hope that Stella doesn't forget her lines," I muttered. This was a very important question, and honestly, it probably wouldn't help if there was any selfishness in their words. 

"She'll remember." Tecna crossed her arms, glancing at the Trix's box. "It's the Trix that I'm worried about." 

"True, they could change what she says." Flora realized. 

"Or cast some sort of...aggression spell on her," Musa suggested, looking more worried with each idea we brainstormed. "Or worse, cursing the man to ask humiliating questions while putting her under a truth spell!" 

I winced at this increasingly dark train of thought. "Let's pray that they don't, and focus on what we can do right now." 

The announcer was still talking. "Now, each girl will get one chance to answer their question correctly. They cannot speak backward, speak in limericks, riddles, or jokes."