Mind of a Child Pt.2

A.N.: Merry Christmas everyone! (again lol)

Fun fact: some of these childhood moments written out in an unpublished chapter for months now. I just hadn't figured out where to put them before now. 

We'll get back on track with the main story soon. I know I keep saying that (lmao), but then I keep pushing back the introduction of S1E5 (A Date with Disaster). The issue with that is S1E6 (Mission at Cloudtower) and S1E7 (Grounded) are supposed to be immediately after those the previous in order, which doesn't leave me with much room for AU worldbuilding, and I need certain things to happen BEFORE then. 

That involves characters like Darko, Hagan, Selina, Roxy, Andy, and the Petersons family. For those of you who just want me to get back to the canon storyline, I apologize for the wait. S1E5 is coming, just not in the immediate future. 

Now please enjoy. 

X - normal text

X - text where Bloom is not present

'X' - thoughts

'#$X#$' - Parseltongue

Chapter : Mind of a Child Pt.2: 

*Flashback* 

As there were no records--physical or digital--of my birth on Earth, my adoptive/past life parents chose December 10th to be my official birthday, but I knew that it was July 16th.

Snap!

Snap!

Snap!

I blinked back the blinding flashes as Lily lowered the camera. It was my second 'official' birthday, and my adoptive parents had thrown me a small party, inviting James's extended family from Britain, Petunia (who I had taken to calling 'Aunt Tuni') and Sirius, looking young, energetic, with messy black hair, and a roguish grin shared by James. They were called the Marauders in high school, known for their reputations as pranksters and playboys, although they never did anything unsafe.

In my previous life, I'd heard mentions of how similar Bellatrix looked to Dorea Potter nee' Black, and how she'd almost been blasted off of the Black family tree, her only saving grace was the then head of House Phineas Nigelus Black, who'd kept her in the family since she'd married a pureblood, even if the Potter family had different affinities and conflicting interests to the Blacks. She'd been in Slytherin house, ambitious and cunning, with a love for summer and books.

I'd heard even less about my past life's grandfather, Fleamont Potter. He was supposedly a WWII magic veteran with several masteries in potions, runes, and transfiguration. From some of the conversations that I'd gleaned, he'd also been a war veteran in this life, fighting on the muggle side of that war with his wife and my 'grandmother', Dorea Peterson.

James also had two cousins with their own families. Charlus and Marianne Peterson, both had children of their own. Charlus had married a woman named Appoline Isabelle (who was Fleur's mother counterpart in another life) and Marianne married Sirius's brother Romulus (instead of Regulus).

Charlus and Appoline had two girls together, named Angelina and Emma. Marianne and Romulus had three kids, Theodore (Teddy), Elyna, and Fleur (funnily enough).

Because I was the baby of the family, I got lots more attention. A part of me wanted to just sit there and lap it all up, but the rational part of me wanted to keep some distance. Yes, I was being a "Noble bloody idiot" again, but I was also just shy. Everything was overwhelming when you were a baby, you know? And having older cousins who were also pranksters wore you down.