Prisoner of the Dark Pt.3

A.N.: First of all, Happy late Thanksgiving to everyone!! I don't know about yall, but I'm already sick of eating turkey. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, unless it comes in a sandwich XD. 

Secondly, I am unhappy to say that I've hit another writer's block. I'm torn between having the following quartet continue this AU trend or whether I just resume the canon episodes. I really could use some opinions on this, so plz comment, if nothing else, then to help me break out of my hesitation. 

(lmao, that got real quick)

Lastly, I'm hyped for what's coming up next. No spoilers, you'll see in the final part of this quartet, but it's something that I know many of you have been silently/screaming at your monitors for Bloom to finally meet. 

X - normal text

X - text where Bloom is not present

'X' - thoughts

'#$X#$' - Parseltongue

Warning: Angst, depression, teen drama, arguments, graphic fight scenes, mentions of blood

Chapter: : Prisoner of the Dark Pt.3: 

After a surprisingly restful night of sleep, I awoke to see Flora watering her plans again. "Morning Flora."

She turned a little, smiling at me. "Morning Bloom. How do you feel?"

"Better." I sighed as I slipped out from under the covers, and began to stretch.

"Stella said that you had another breakdown." She left the statement open-ended, a silent offer to talk or to escape.

Much like what Dumbledore had done.

I twitched before I pulled out my drawers and pulled out a new set of undergarments, a new top, and a denim skirt.

Kiko roused from his slumber, cutely peeking out from his little basket, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

I smiled down and pulled him out from his basket, cradling him to my chest, and nuzzling his cheek with my own.

Flora was watching us silently, waiting for me to speak.

"I--", I turned to her as I let Kiko hop onto my bed. "Have you ever lost someone close to you that you never knew, Flora?"

She shook her head, biting her lip.

"I have." My tone was charged with emotion. Hurt. Regret. Pain. Rage. "My birth parents and older sister--blood sister--fought in the last war in the Magix Dimension. A war whose every last detail, along with my entire realm has vanished, covered up by the Council of Light." I spat.

Flora gasped. "They wouldn't dare!"

"They did." I stared at her. "The man I went to see, he was my godfather, though I didn't know it until I met him. He told me everything."

Still breathing heavily, my shoulders rising and falling a tad more dramatic than usual, I wrenched myself away and pulled out my art supplies, seeking to escape.

"Bloom?"

I loathe myself right now. "What?" I ask, setting up a canvas and pulling out my coloring pencils.

Flora looks hesitant. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring it up and anger you."

I shut my eyes tightly. "It's--not your fault." My shoulders slumped. "I'm not mad at you, Flora, I'm just..."