The Black Mud Swamp Pt.4

A.N.: The battle starts now. 

I hope you all enjoy this as I had major writer's block when I was putting this together. The final version of 'The Black Mud Swamp' will be going up on Archive of our Own on my account PhoenixSlayerx1217 sometime in the afternoon or evening if you're interested in the final product. 

Anyways, please enjoy: 

X - normal text

X - text where Bloom is not present

'X' - thoughts

'#$X#$' - Parseltongue

Chapter : The Black Mud Swamp Pt.4: 

"Where is that brute!" Stormy paced. "He should've been here by now!" 

"Calm yourself, sister," Icy replied, though she too looked a little worried. 

"Our lovely Dume-De-Dune perfume will lure in the brainless idiot like a fly to a Venus trap," Darcy added. "It's an irresistible scent." 

"Our scent might be enough, but what if he got stuck in a whirlpool? Or his roars ensured that the Quietus Carnivorous got him first?" Stormy raised good questions. "Or angered the guardian enough that it killed him?" 

"Point." Icy frowned. "We'll wait a bit longer, then we'll investigate the crash site." 

"Why would we check there?" Stormy looked confused. "Wouldn't they be dead?" 

Darcy beat Icy to the smack. "Ow!" Stormy cried. 

"Think, sister, think!" Icy said. "There could be survivors that called for reinforcements. Other Specialist teams, or even worse, a squad of Paladins!" 

"So, why don't we finish them off before they can get there?" Stormy suggested. 

"No." Darcy shook her head, very thankful that their sister listened to them. Otherwise, who knows how much intelligence she may end up retaining? "That would only make it even harder for us to operate." 

"Then how else can we get this fatboy to us faster?" Stormy crossed her arms. "Because this place stinks." 

"Hm." Icy tapped her chin thoughtfully. "We could try to cast a levitation spell over a large distance--" 

'Mammy!' 

"Huh?" Icy's eyes widened in panic. 

'Mammy!' 

"What!" The Trix whirled around to see the adorable ducking calling out to Icy, a little mud on its gorgeous light purple plumage. 

'Mammy!' 

"Sooo cute." Stormy mocked. 

"What do you intend to do now sister?" Darcy asked Icy in amusement. 

Icy's eyes flashed with anger. "I despise cute!" 

She pointed her finger down, unleashing a small steam of cold water that froze around the duckling. 

'Eeeaaaaauuuhh!' 

"That oughta keep it quiet." Icy glared at it, before turning around to plot their next move. Both Stormy and Darcy cackled as the ducking lifted itself up, the ice around its feet breaking. It hopped after Icy, squeaking all the while.