Real life history lesson part 2

[scene: Yae village shrine]

The Yakshas has got up when The light archon told them to rise, which they did, Kiana was nervous but Kallen help calm her down, so everyone talked amongst themselves, for Kiana it felt a bit unreal, talking with a god casually and everyone else isn't bothered by it, in her thoughts she didn't notice it was just the her and aether.

Aether: Is something the matter miss Kaslana?

This brought her out of her thoughts as she looked around to see she is still at the shrine.

Kiana: N-no, just thinking to my self lord Aether... also where is everyone else?

Aether: (chuckles) no need to refer to me as lord, also the Yakshas have went out to protect the village and to stop any Honkai as for Kallen and Sakura, they went to another room.

Kiana: Thank you.. so what's with the Yaksha's features? Are they-

Aether: No Miss kaslana they not demons, how much do you know of the previous era?

Kiana: I know that like the current era, they fought against Honkai but in the end their failed. Also that you are from the previous era and you have been fighting against the Honkai for thousands of years.

Aether: Well the Yaksha's are a byproduct of the previous era like Sakura. Which is because of the mantis project

Kiana: Mantis project?

Aether: Yes in the previous era one method they used to face the Honkai was to create a type of super soldiers referred to by Mantis. This happened by infusing they soldiers with Honkai beast genes.

This gave paused to Kiana when she heard it, aether continued

Aether: The project was risky as not everyone survived, and the one who did become mantis soldiers but these lead to side effects which I won't go over them all to bore you, but the side effects I'm going to mention to some changes the the biological structure of the human body.

Kiana: what type of changes?

Aether: To name a few examples, a blow zero degree body temperature, fox ears, extra arms to name a few.

Kiana: (realised) so the Yaksha's are descended form some Mantis soldiers?

Aether: Indeed, Miss Kaslana they are.

Kiana: Aether, can I ask you something?

Aether: Go head.

Kiana: Your from the previous era so did you know some of the mantis soldiers.

Aether: Yes, I did but I would say I'm was closer with 4 of them then the rest, 2 of them have died but the other 2 are still alive to this day. I was good friends with your ancestor.

Kiana: you were?

Aether: indeed I was. Is there anything else you would like to know?

After that Kiana has been asking the god a bunch of questions as he answered them, Kiana got to know the god, she knows that he can be laidback in peaceful times but he is ready to fight if anything happens to need his attention, then she looks at the god and remembers something from her past

*flashback*

A little Kiana was walking through a snowy forest at night, her dad Siegfried has left and she went to go find him, she was walking for a long time and she fell over and was about to pass out, before she went into unconsciousness she looked to see a man in white robes with a hood walking towards her She then fell unconscious, when she woke up she was in a hospital bed

*flashback end*

Kiana now realised that the hooded figure back then was the light archon himself.

Aether: Now them Kiana I think it time you go.

Kiana: Go where?

He didn't answer, he then tapped her forehead and everything went white, she hears someone calling her name, she then noticed she back in the library, she look to see her teacher (Y/n)

(Y/n): what are you doing sleeping in the library.

Kiana:... s-sorry uncle (Y/n) I was just getting some studying in but I guess I fell asleep.

(Y/n): well please do return to your dorm, the library is closing soon.

After that Kiana left the library and returned to her dorm room where everyone was waiting her, as she explained she fell asleep studying in the library and that (Y/n) came and woke her up and Bronya called her idiotka for falling asleep. As everyone went to sleep Kiana couldn't help but think about what she experienced.

Kiana: There no way that was a dream, was it?

She then fell asleep as her history exam ways coming up, when she woke up she and the others got ready for the exam. To say she was nervous would be accurate to how she is feeling then when the papers was handed out she then noticed that the questions on test was about the topics she ask the light archon.

Kiana: 'That wasn't a dream'

She then answered the question to best of her abilities and guessed for the ones she had no clue about, she finished 15 minutes before time ran out. She noticed that others was already finished as well, so she just waited for it be over and for the teachers to collect the papers from the students, after that everyone left the room to get ready for the next a exam next week.