Raven Hunt

[Scene: unknown location]

There was only endless darkness and a bleached desert stretching as far as eyes could see. She stood with 8 warriors. They have one mission. The last battle of this long war would be fought here. It would determine the fate of humanity. Will anyone amongst them live to see tomorrow? She had no answer.

Kevin: Prepare yourself, HUA. According to MEI's calculations, SHE would be here within an hour.

HUA: Yes.... KEVIN, I hope humanity will survive this.

Kevin: They will. Just turn around and look at the Earth to display your doubts.

The girl turned around.

(A/n: Don't own images used)

Earth. The plant was an azure orb suspended in the great yawning void. The planet's deep blue curves emitted a warming halo that seemed to repel the darkness.

Kevin: Every time I look to the skies, I trembled at the thought of the cold and dark universe. Nevertheless, I believe it still contains traces of warmth......for Earth gave birth to us and the stars still shine.

Earth? The girl thought about the human there. They may be grieving or taking part in  doomsday revelry. But she saw things from the moon. Wars, hatred, pain, and those memories of the past no longer meant anything. The only things that mattered would be the future. If humanity survives and repopulates the planet, their pain and conflict would only return. Yet the only thing that mattered would be the future.

HUA: KEVIN, I'm sorry about that argument with Dr. MEI... and for what I've said to you.

Kevin: There's no need for apologies. You are my comrade in arms, and I am yours.

HUA: Are we? What... what should I say, then?

Kevin: I need you to make me a promise. Those of us who survives this battle shall bear great responsibilities. MEI has prepared many projects. STIGMA, EMBER, ARK... Not everyone agrees with these methods, but they are the seeds of humanity's revival. The survivors must nurture these seeds and avoid our mistakes until civilisation rebuilds itself. HUA, I believe these seeds contain the means by which we can defeat the Honkai for good. Humanity must make great sacrifices to witness the arrival of that very day....but humanity will never lose hope.

[scene change: Arc City]

To hunt down Herrscher of the Void, Rita Rossweisse has returned to Arc City. But to her surprise, the city has fallen into the world Serpent's clutches. It machinations trapping her in a cul-de-sac. At the critical moment, her prey comes to her aid. And thus, the fates of the hunter and the prey entwine...

Meanwhile on the outskirts of Arc City, some secluded corner.

Kiana:......!

Fu Hua: Kiana?