Nocturnal Hunt

[scene: Unknown location]

The Gray Serpent walked down the dark corridor with great confidence. He did not light his way nor make use of a map. The right directions would appear in his mind at every intersection, as though he had been here many times. Yet this was the Gray Serpent's first visit to this abandoned shelter. This place is holy. It was the place where the Sire returned to the living Earth. But then he was sealed in another dimension. The Serpents grew silent and the holy site became a lost secret. The day finally arrived. His Sire called to him and asked him to fulfill his duty. He stopped at the end of the path. A massive, metal door barred his way. He waited for a while. A verbal command appeared like a flash of inspiration. He read it out loud.

Gray Serpent: "Be reborn in destruction."

The massive doors creaked open, overcoming dust and rust that had accumulated for centuries. There was a hall and a throne. The man seated on it was in the midst of silent contemplation.

 The man seated on it was in the midst of silent contemplation

(A/n: Don't own images)

Centuries had passed. Powers rose and fell as battles raged across the planet. The past was gone before anyone noticed. The Gray Serpent had met the man before. He had not changed in the slightest. His will remain untarnished. He transcended time, space, and the karmic cycle. He was the only hope against the ageless force of destruction. The man stirred from his thoughts and looked upon his disciple. The Gray Serpent trembled at the sight of his eyes. Those eyes witnessed both unimaginable miracles and the pain of total annihilation. Every memory was condensed and forged by a superhuman will into two orbs of cold, unfeeling ice.

Gray Serpent: Forgive your servant for failing to welcome your return in person.

Kevin: How goes the Project?

Gray Serpent: We are making progress. This world now has everything we need to activate it. The Herrscher of Reason may delay you, but he cannot stop the progress of history. Jackal's research is nearly done. She only needs a final verification.

Kevin: Let it begin.

Gray Serpent: Yes, Sire. I have also recovered something, now offered as a gift to celebrate your return.

 I have also recovered something, now offered as a gift to celebrate your return