Swept Away

[scene: Nagazora]

Mei walked over to Tesla, as the two looked at the risen sea level.

Tesla: What the hell is going on?

Mei and Tesla were shocked by the scene they saw outside the Helios. The sea that flooded the city was calm yesterday, but the water rose by more than 10 meters overnight.

Mei: This isn't normal at all...the children might be in danger! We need to head to the Roost now!

Mei and Tesla then proceed to head towards Roost to make sure the children are alright, as they went, as they went they noticed the rainwater falling, on them, contains Honkai energy. Both power through the effects of the Honkai energy, Mei then noticed Honkai beasts gathering.

Mei: No, Honkai Beasts are gathering over there!

So Mei then moved towards them and took them out quickly, by taking advantage of the Honkai energy in the rain to collect energy to activate her burst. She took them out quickly. So the two continue going to Roost. Then more Honkai Beasts appeared so Mei activated her burst again and killed all the beasts in the area. Then Mei noticed a more powerful Honkai Beast, so still with her burst activated to slashed the beast and stuck it with her lightning attack. Killing it within a matter of seconds.

After all Beasts were dealt with Mei and Tesla made their way to Roost and found Sora.

Sora: Hey! Mei!

Mei: Sora! I'm so glad that you're alright.

The children were busy moving the warehouse supplies. They were ill-prepared for the flood.

Tesla: All nearby Honkai beasts neutralised. Stay vigilant. We gotta stay on guard. We must move the kids and supplies to higher ground. Tell them that I'm moving mechs into the shelters.

Sora: Oh... okay.

As Mei and Tesla help the children they hear a loud noise. The residents vacate the lower levels of the Roost in less than 20 minutes.

Sora: Why did the flood waters rise? The city... has become very strange...

Mei: Dr. Tesla, I have a bad feeling about this. Honkai Beasts are riled up, and they appear in greater numbers, as if they're... attracted to something.

Sora: Is it because of that... huge beast I saw yesterday? I've never seen it before... it's like... the king of the monsters...

Mei: Where did you see it?

Sora: Near the Nagazora Wall. I can take you there.

Mei: This is urgent. We must investigate it immediately.

Tesla: Alright, go ahead. Leave the defence of the shelters to me. Once I deal with the problem here, I'll rendezvous with you at once.

With that said, Sora and Mei left Roost and headed to the Nagazora Wall, where Sora saw the huge beast, when they got there Mei noticed a bunch of Honkai Beasts, so Mei rushed over and started to attack them, she avoided one's attack which tigger the slow time function, allowing her to slash the beasts repeatedly in quick succession, she also hit them with her lightning. Shortly after, she activated her burst and cut down all the beast there with relatively ease.

Then both hear something as a shadow flew over head.

Sora: Did you hear something? Seems far away...

Mei noticed a few more powerful Honkai Beast appeared so with her burst still active she cut them down.