Nocturnal puzzle

[scene: Schicksal shuttle EOS. Bridge.]

(A/n: Don't own any images used)

Rita silently perused the evidence that Kiana presented to her. An injector. Standard Schicksal design. A data card engraved with the Heliopolis logo. Most likely a pass for opening security doors. Kiana's words left her confused. The confusion slowly grew into a compelling need for answers.

Alvitr: Miss Rossweisse, I've traced the injector serial number. It came from the batch of vaccines we supplied to Heliopolis. But the contents and active agents have been replaced. No it has been changed... Our vaccine agent was modified into an activator for significantly boosting Honkai resistance. But I'm not seeing any negative pharmacological effects on the human body.

Alvitr gave Rita her report over the comms as Rita listened to the report.

Rita: Hmm... what is Heliopolis trying to do?

Alvitr: Erm... there's something I need to tell you, Miss Rossweisse. I wanted to talk about the zombie's glowing pattern that I saw while in action today. I'm now very certain that they are stigmata!

Rita: Stigmata? Are you sure, Alvitr? Your claims sound preposterous.

Alvitr: I definitely saw it! People might call me careless, but I'm very certain of what I saw.

Rita: If you were right, then this Arc City incident has turned out to be far more complicated than it appears. STIGMA is a secret Schicksal tech used only by the Valkyries. If the zombies have them, it would mean 2 things......someone has been turning Valkyries into zombies... or someone figured out how to implant stigmata on people.

Rita thought about it for a while before giving a response.

Rita: I don't think I can sleep tonight. I must investigate this and prove my hypothesis.

Alvitr: What?! Are you heading to the Heliopolis facilities? Trespassing is a violation of our treaty with them...

Rita: Circumventing a few rules is sometimes necessary to achieve our mission. Besides, K-423 is now the least of our worries now.

With that Rita left the bridge and went out to begin her investigation of Heliopolis. Rita path was blocked, but she quickly dealt with what was trying to stop her. She continued on her way, when she noticed surveillance drones, so she made sure to stay out of there line of sight as she made her way past them.

Meanwhile in a distance place.

Raven: The Schicksal Valkyries have come uninvited. They now suspect us.

Jackal: A pity... but I thought you always wanted to get rid of them.

Raven: I would prefer avoiding a fight for as long as possible. That Herrscher was supposed to distract Schicksal who would help get rid of her. But things have changed. No matter. I have a backup plan for this. We'll give Rita some of the answers she wants. People tend to be vulnerable when distracted by a treasure hunt.