Within the Sand

[Scene: Schicksal HQ]

Otto sat alone in the lab and contemplated that anomalous moment in the test. The "membrane" of the Imaginary Tree was untouched, even to Durandal, yet K423 managed to shatter it completely.

Otto: There's no question about this. The Void Queen has absolute mastery over the Imaginary Space. I'm so very close... the rest is just a matter of time and...

Joyeuse: Overseer, the base is under attack by a large hostile force. They know what we're doing here. The Herrscher fled amidst the chaos. I'll try to find her but the Key needs protecting. I can't do both alone.

Otto: 'World Serpent? Impeccable timing. This enemy came prepared.' We're unsure of the World Serpent's target. Protect the Key and do not let them lay their hands on it. Let k423 escape. I'd prefer she gets herself away from that place as possible. K423's absence will work in our favour in our dealings with the snakes. A backup plan is already in place. Schicksal will know where she goes. We'll find her once we finish up here.

Joyeuse: Understood.

[Scene change: ruin city]

Hundreds of mechs charged through the eroded city streets to hunt down their prey. Kevin stood amidst the ruins, tall and unmoving like a statue amidst the iron tide.

Jackal: Sire, our vanguard has breached base defences and engaged Joyeuse.

Kevin: What about the Herrscher?

Jackal: We have no sightings of her yet. We're continuing our search.

Kevin: Keep Joyeuse occupied. I will handle the Herrscher.

Jackal: Understood.

Kevin closed his eyes and listened to the voices that echoed in the breeze. Traces of Honkai energy within miles converged like a giant maelstrom, with Kevin himself serving as its epicentre. He sensed energy streams of various strengths, but none was close to that of a Herrscher-level entity. A tiny turbulence in the swirling whirlpool caught his attention. Though it was gone in an instant, Kevin knew he had located his quarry.

 Though it was gone in an instant, Kevin knew he had located his quarry

(A/n: Don't own images)

He opened his eyes and looked toward a ruined skyscraper located several miles away. He saw the girl standing behind a shattered wall.

Kevin:...found you.

Meanwhile with Kiana was fighting some of World Serpent's mechs as an alarm went off.

Alarm: Alert! Alert! Unidentified unit detected! Removal initiated!

Kiana almost destroyed one of the two mechs close to her when the alarm stopped. When the second mech attacked her, she cartwheeled out of the way, she then fought back with a flurry of kicks and shots from her pistols. Both mechs tried to hit her, only for Kiana to move out of the way just in time to trigger her slow time effect. As she in the slowed down time she sent a bunch of powerful kick and destroyed one of the mechs and finished off the second. Only for three more to take there place. She then proceeded to take out these mechs the same way she took out the last two. All the while she spoke to herself about her family's founding father, Kevin.