Desolate clouds

[scene: Maghreb, North Africa. A vantage point near Schicksal Vimur Labs.]

*WHOOO*

(A/n: Don't own images)

Raven:.........The Herrscher is on the run. Are we to stand by and do nothing at all?

Gray Serpent: Give her time. That is the Sire's orders. A kernel of wheat might die alone, but it shall bear so much more should it fall into the soil. She is now free. Time will tell if the seed of power within her can bear fruit. Let us instead focus on something far more important.

Raven frowned but agreed, and shifted her focus to the distant ruins via her Divine Key. Floating holographic optics adjusted themselves and delivered a clear image to her eye. A strange golden hemisphere covered much of the plaza in the middle of the dead city. The Schicksal Overseer created it using a golden fluid, isolating him and her Sire from the rest of the world.

Raven: I still find it hard to believe that our Sire would...

She paused shortly.

Raven:...join hands with Schicksal.

Gray Serpent: I understand your doubts, Raven. Otto is a scheming egoistic who manipulates everything and everyone to achieve his goal. He cannot be trusted...but I assure you that the deal will come through. His self-serving nature only makes our Sire's offer infinitely more valuable. The Serpent will soon rid Schicksal from its path.

Raven: I'll obey the Sire's orders, but there are others who have personal scores to settle with Schicksal.

Gray Serpent: Yet they're also here as well. All our key officers have gathered here. A rare sight, is it not?

Gray Serpent's hollow voice faded away into the dusty wind. Raven suddenly began to hear ghostly voices echoing from every corner of this desert.

Raven: If the negotiations should fail, I suppose we'll attack Schicksal right here with our full might.

Gray Serpent:............

Raven:...Gray? You there?

Gray Serpent:......Haha...Hahahahah...

The ghostly whisper turned into a sinister laugh that rippled out across the vast yet empty desert. Raven saw the golden half sphere dissolving slowly...

Gray Serpent: Raven, you can put away your weapon now. Our Sire has just... concluded the deal.

[scene change: Helios meeting room. Following day]

Tesla: Ugh... this piece is now trash.

It was a core component to the Raikiri blade just a few hours ago. Tesla sighed and threw it away. Tesla disassembled Raikiri and arranged the components neatly before her. Apparently someone broke the blade, the hilt, the moderation circuitry... and even the energy valve. Great. I might as well build a brand new one from scratch.