Before Dawn

[Scene: Schicksal Vimur Lab] (North Africa, the day before the Arc City incident)

This place was once a modern city that served as a hub between Europe and Africa. It was a beautiful Mediterranean metropolis that never slept. And then a single Honkai eruption transformed it into a dead city in the middle of a lifeless desert. Yet it was for these reasons that the city became Schicksal's ideal testing ground.

Comms: Attention all personnel. Test firing 42 of the 2nd Divine Key will commence in 5 minutes.

Alarms sirens could be heard throughout the city. The countdown was broadcast at every corner. When the countdown reached zero, a cannon in the heart of the city roared and shook every grain of sand.

 When the countdown reached zero, a cannon in the heart of the city roared and shook every grain of sand

(A/n: Don't own images used)

A giant pillar of light shot up to the sky. The beam seemed powerful enough to cleave the world in two. The light then collided with something in mid-air. The beam shattered a portion of the sky like a giant mirror and released a rain of broken shards. The shattered opening revealed a realm of chaos. Stars of ill omen blinked within the roiling darkness.

Comms: Divine Key firing success. Initiating Stage 1. Energy output stabilised. Quantum interface wetting confirmed.

Hundreds of shades materialised from the chaos, seeping through the broken gap and falling to the earth below

Hundreds of shades materialised from the chaos, seeping through the broken gap and falling to the earth below. While these shades tore through the sky, the space-time fabric itself seemed to have tilted to one side.

A blue haired Valkyrie wearing a general uniform style battlesuit calmly observed the chaotic scene that unfolded before her.

Comms: Quantum Shadows incursions detected. All yours, Lady Joyeuse.

Joyeuse: Roger.

Joyeuse calmly gave her answer and dove straight into battle. As she rashes to face the Quantum shadows that are approaching her.

Comms: A horde of Quantum Shadows are approaching. Get ready to attack.

Joyeuse: Roger.