Trial of Darkness

[Scene: Heliopolis biomedical park] (30 minutes later)

Rita: They have more than doubled the security.

Alvitr: Adjutant Rita, are you really going in before Master Joyeuse arrives? I... I know I'm not supposed to question choices made by a superior officer, but...... you were injured in the previous operation. Doing this alone isn't brave... it's...

Rita:...and I agree with you, Alvitr. I take full responsibility for the poor decisions, bad leadership... and everyone who fell... but I am still standing and the mission has not yet ended. I will stop the World Serpent and their plans.

Alvitr:...their plans?

Rita: I'm sure we will score an easier victory once Lady Joyeuse arrives. But what if she arrives too late to stop the Serpent? What will happen to this city? I'm a Valkyrie. I do *not* enjoy defeating an enemy *after* it murders an entire city of innocent people. This is precisely why I am compelled to do something before Lady Joyeuse arrives. I gave myself that order. This mission is mine alone.

Alvitr: Your words are so inspiring... I've never thought about this before. Please forgive me, Adjutant Rita! Please be extra careful. At your current state, you're hardly stronger than an ordinary human...

Rita: Don't worry, Alvitr. We Valkyries know how to fight without Honkai energy. My body still remembers all the training I had.

After talking with Alvitr, Rita searches for the entrance to the laboratory.

Alvitr: Deputy, I did a bit of tweaking for your battlesuit. You won't be able to use Honkai energy yet, but it can function for a short while.

Rita: Thank you, Alvitr. I'd start with looking for a cure.

Rita made sure to not get spotted as she, moves around the biomedical park &, takes out the guards. After a few minutes of searching, Rita found the research facility.

Alvitr: The research facility is right ahead. I think it's a good place to start looking.

Rita: Wait, where is the EOS wreckage?

Alvitr: Maybe they cleared it?

Rita: Doesn't feel right.

While Rita infiltrated the Heliopolis complex, something else transpired deep with in the biomedical park... Raven rested in a sleeping pod to heal injuries suffered while fighting in the gas...

 Raven rested in a sleeping pod to heal injuries suffered while fighting in the gas

(A/n: Don't own images)

Boy:..Tasha! Go, Tasha! Go and live well!

Raven: I dreamed of my brother again. I dreamed of the day when I left him. Destruction rained down from the heavens. We were forced to leave our home. We soon ran out of food, medicine, and water... people fought over them... then they started killing each other. Many died in the cursed exodus... I never expected to survive, and then that man appeared before us.