Reunited

Too any cuts, which will leave too many scars. Too many bruises.

He looked like he had gone to Hell and back.

My worst fears are now confirmed.

They had tortured him.

"Steve?" I mumbled to him.

He was sitting upright on the bed. They had removed the top portion of his uniform, leaving him shirtless. His back was scarred. It was red, bruised, and still slightly bleeding.

I watched his back rise and fall as he took sharp, deep breaths.

"Steve." I speak his name, my voice choking up and tears falling down my face.

I watched as his head rose up. He slowly turned his head towards me. I gasped at the sight. My hands covering my mouth. My crying echoed over every sound in the room.

My god, what have they done to him?

His forehead was lined with sweat, and it slowly began to trickle down his face.

He had a black eye, and his nose was bruised. His face was covered in small cuts.

His breathing slowed as his eyes met mine. Those beautiful eyes weren't shining so bright anymore. They were bloodshot.

I was crumbling apart at his appearance. Steve was the strongest man I knew, besides the hulk.

"Steve?" My chocked voice calls.

"A-Alice?" He croaks.

My bottom lip quivered as he said my name, "It's me." I muttered, "it's me."

"Alice." He calls me.

His arms open. I run to him and throw my arms around his neck. I feel his arms wrap around me, pulling me closer to him. I sob on his shoulder. He gently strokes the back of my hair as he holds me.

"You're alive." I cry.

Steve's arms tremble as he pulls me as close as he can to him.

He was drenched in sweat, but I don't care. I have my Steve back.

"Of course, I'm alive. I had to come back." His voice quakes.

His hands rest on my shoulders as he pulls me away from him. My face was red and soaked with tears. His large hands pressed against my cheeks. His eyes meeting mine once again.

"I had to come back for you." He mutters.

I smile before I pull his lips to mine and give him a long kiss.