The Fourth Of July

-December, Four Months Later-

"The Fourth Of July." I smile. "That's when I want to get married."

I twisted my engagement ring around my finger. We sat together on the couch. Steve was sitting on one end of the couch. I say right next to him, his arm wrapped around me.

"The Fourth of July? You know that's my birthday." Steve replies.

"Then that means that our wedding will be the perfect birthday present." I smile.

"I think that's the best birthday present I will ever receive." Steve smiles.

"Should we do a themed wedding?" I ask.

"A themed wedding? We never did anything like that back in my time." Steve answers.

"Well, I think that since its your birthday, and it happens to fall on Independence Day, we should do a patriotic theme." I say.

"So you want to hang up flags everywhere?" He asks.

"Yeah, I suppose we could do that. But maybe we could do something with the design of your shield!" I get excited.

"My shield? What would you do with my shield?"

"I don't know, maybe we could put the design on the plates or something." I suggest.

"You want to put the design on the plates?"

"Well, sweetie, you are Captain America. And besides, if we're having the wedding on the fourth, we should have red, white, and blue stuff everywhere. You're shield is red, white, and blue. It's your logo! Your logo matches the decorations." I chuckle.

"Alright, fine." He gives up.

I look up at him and grin, before I give him a kiss.

"We've got awhile until the wedding. I've still got to go dress shopping. I need a dress to wear. Not to mention that Christmas is coming up." I say.

"Don't worry. Everything will turn out okay. This will be your dream wedding. I promise." Steve smiles.

"I hope it will be. But I think I should focus on Christmas before the wedding. Christmas is only two weeks away." I reply.

"Okay. But don't worry too much. I hate to see you all stressed out."