Rainy Rogers

For three days, it has rained nonstop. Let me be honest, it's been wonderful. For three days, Maggie has not shed one tear. The rain acts like a magical pacifier. Maggie just loves it.

-

I watch as Maggie sleeps in her tiny swing. The gentle motion relaxed her completely. The sound of the rain on the windows added a soothing noise. All in all, it was quite relaxing.

The rain was not blowing towards the windows, which definitely made it nice. I could open the windows and not get wet. So I left the windows partially cracked open to allow the cool air to blow in and cool down the apartment a bit. That also allowed the noise to travel through.

With Maggie asleep, I can finally have a moment alone to myself. I am going to use this time wisely. Maggie's sleeping, so why shouldn't I? I quietly sit on the couch before kicking my legs up, practically taking up the whole couch. I tip my head back and relax by taking a deep breath. Finally, a chance to relax and take a nap.

Well, almost.

Just as I had begun to close my eyes, I hear someone knock at the door.

I groan softly and stand from the couch and begin to head to the door. I stretch my arms above my head as I walk to the door. Who would come here now? Natasha is helping Wanda with training and defensive tactics. I imagine Pietro is with them. Tony and Pepper are currently taking a vacation together. Thor returned to Asgard two days ago. Bruce is staying at Headquarters. And Clint... well, I don't actually know where he is. He took off the day after Maggie was born. No one has heard from him since.

It could either be Steve - he might've forgotten his key - or Bucky.

I gaze through the peephole and see Bucky standing there. He was wearing a long sleeved black shirt and had his hair slicked back into what looked like a ponytail.

I grin and open the door.

"I know you're not here to see me. Unfortunately, she's sleeping." I look back at the sleeping Maggie.

Bucky sighs and drops his shoulders.

"But you can still come in." I wave my hand, gesturing him to come in. He enters slowly, glancing around the apartment. "Did you drive yourself here?" I ask.

"No, actually I saw Steve at Headquarters. He was on his way home and asked me if I wanted to stop by. He's on his way up right now. He said I was welcome to stay for dinner, and said something about ordering a pizza-" He suddenly stops, "Wait, he told me not to tell you that."

I chuckle. "Why not?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise."

I chuckle again, "I won't say anything."

Bucky breathes a heavy sigh of relief. "Good. Because he's coming up now."

Steve strides through the door with his shield positioned on his arm. He looks relieved to be home. His shield hits the floor softly as he sets it down. He then comes over to me and pulls me into a hug. Steve plants a soft kiss on my lips before our foreheads touch.

"I missed you." He whispers softly. "Both of you."

"Rough day?" I asked.

"Not exactly. I just missed you both so much. I couldn't stop thinking about you and Maggie while I was at Headquarters. I just wanted to be here. With my family."

I smile as I cut him off with another kiss. "Well you're here now. Go see your daughter. I think she misses her dad." I look over towards the swing to see Maggie's little blue eyes blinking at me.

Steve leaves my embrace and strides towards Maggie. I can hear him using a softer tone in his voice. He uses his 'baby voice' in a way. But I suppose all parents talk to their baby with a different voice. But Steve has too much fun with his voice. He lifts Maggie out of the swing and pulls her close to his chest. Maggie yawns and looks up at Steve.

She's definitely a Daddy's girl.

"Alice?" Steve calls my name.

I stride over to him and smile when I see Maggie smiling. Her little eyes were closed but she was smiling. She loves him so much.

"Do you remember when we were talking about having a family and I said I wanted to give our child a nickname?" He asks. I nod my head as he looks back down at Maggie. "I finally come up with one."

"What is it?"

"Rainy."

"Rainy? Like the weather? Don't you think Rainy sounds a little sad?" I ask.

Steve shakes his head. "Not for her. Rainy fits her perfectly." I look up at him in disbelief. "She's a bright little ball of sunshine, but she's much more beautiful then that. I think she's got a gift. A gift that lets her see beauty in things that are meant to be dark. Rain is meant to be a symbol of sadness, but to her it's pure beauty. That's why I want to call her Rainy. My little happy cloud."

I smile at Steve. The deep meaning in Maggie's nickname. Suddenly it's almost like the world was no longer moving. It was just Steve, Maggie, and I. There was no work to be done. There were no enemies to worry about. There was no need to be constantly looking over our shoulders. It was our own little utopia. Free from harm. Nothing to worry about.

"This is so cute." Bucky's voice makes me jump. I had completely zoned out that I didn't even notice he was standing right behind us. "I ruined the moment." He lowers his head and walks back to the kitchen.

Steve and I smile at each other as we chuckle.

"How about a surprise pizza dinner tonight?"

I grin as I look back at Bucky in the kitchen, "Yeah, pizza sounds great."

-

Time to celebrate! 20k reads is more then I could ever ask for. I would've been happy with just 20, but I got so much more! I think this calls for some form of celebration. I was thinking of maybe a Q&A? Ask me whatever you would like (But keep it reasonable) Whether its about the book or if you would just like to ask me a question in general. PLEASE keep it reasonable and nothing extremely personal. And please be nice!! That's all I ask :) Comment your question here and I will answer it as soon as I can. Thanks for everything!