Wedding Day Jitters

The dress was a perfect fit. I knew it would be. Every detail was perfect. Not a single tear was on the dress. It fit perfectly, giving me a beautiful shape.

I hope Steve likes it. I wanted to pick a dress that appeared a little old fashioned. I thought that would be a nice touch to wedding that came from two different centuries.

"You look beautiful." Pepper comments.

"Thank you." I smile.

"Well, you're only ten minutes away from marrying the man of your dreams. That must be exciting!" She says.

"More like nerve wracking."

"It always is. You might be nervous now, but walking down the aisle is the hardest part. You have to keep walking forwards, so you can stop yourself from running away. But once you join him at the alter, you'll never look back." She has a very good point.

"I just hope that once I get to the alter, Steve will still love me." I sigh, thinking bad thoughts.

"He'll always love you. You know that." She tries to be encouraging.

"Once I get to the alter, I hope he won't let me pass out. Honestly, I feel like I can." I take a deep breath.

"Just relax. And before you know it, you will be Mrs. Rogers."

-Steve POV-

I pace back and forth. Everything has came and gone so quickly. It was just the other day that I proposed to her. And now here we are. We're getting married.

"You seem tense." Tony comments, watching me pace.

"I am." I reply sarcastically.

Tony reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a silver flask, "Need a drink?"

I stop pacing and turn towards him, glaring. I cross my arms, "You brought a flask to my wedding?" I ask.

"I figured that I might need a drink at some point during the night. And since you and Alice didn't want to serve any alcohol at the wedding, I decided to bring my own." He answered sarcastically.

"You never listen to me." I groan.

"Never have. Most likely never will."

"Maybe if the world depended on it, you might listen to me." I add.

Tony shrugs before he takes a drink from his flask. Clint and Bruce come up behind me.

"We've got to head to the back of the church. It's about time for the wedding to start." Bruce speaks up.

Tony was going to walk Pepper down the aisle. Clint would be walking Natasha down the aisle. And Bruce would be walking Alice down the aisle. Bruce has always been a good friend to Alice. And since her father isn't alive anymore, she asked Bruce if he would walk her down the aisle.

"Good luck, Cap." Clint speaks.

The rest of the guys leave, and then it's just me. Then a side door opens and the preacher is standing there.

"It's time to start." He speaks.

I nod my head and walk out. I stand in front of the alter. A lot of people showed up. And, of course, I see the press in the front row. I didn't want publicity for our wedding, but it's too late to ask them to leave.

Music begins to play. I take a deep breath and relax. This is the biggest day of my life so far. I'm going to enjoy it.