Jump

"No sudden movements." Fury says calmly. Then all at once he ducks his head and rolls off the couch.

"Nick! What the-" I was cut off by a bullet that came flying through the glass window. It shattered into a million pieces. Steve grabbed my arm and pulled me to the kitchen. We suck behind the island counter top.

"Shit!" He curses.

"Oh, so it's okay when you do it? Yeah, Steve. That makes a lot of sense." I reply sarcastically.

"Here. Shoot." He hands me his handgun. I could tell I made him mad. It's not every day that I get to prove him wrong.

"And what are you going to do?" I ask.

He cautiously peeks out from behind the counter before he turns back to me.

"Easy. Not get killed." He leaps out from behind the counter and darts towards the bedroom.

More bullets come flying in and pierce the wall. Suddenly, Fury scrambles next to me. He sits against the cabinets and tips his head back.

"Sorry about your honeymoon." He says with a sigh.

"You think?" I ask.

"I thought he would see me. He's got better sight then Barton." Fury says.

I roll my eyes, "No one sees better from a distance than Barton."

"Where's Rogers?" Fury asks.

"Here!" Steve calls. I peek up from the counter. He's got his shield and two guns on his waist belt.

I stand from behind the counter and watch as Steve looks through the hollow frame where the glass door use to sit.

"Do you see him?" I ask.

"Got him." And then Steve steps out the door. I run around the counter and get to the door just in time to see Steve climb over the railing.

"STEVE! NO!!" I scream, but it was too late.

He already let go.