Alone

It was all a lie. The building wasn't empty, they were all hiding and waiting on me. They knew I had come.

The signal had been fake. The man I was looking for was nowhere to be found. And now, I am most likely bleeding to my death.

I was shot.

But of course, I surprise myself by waking up to a gunshot wound in the side and a terrible headache.

Where am I?

I'm alone in a steal room. I'm not tied up and I have no new injuries except the gunshot.

I pull off the boot on my right foot and pull my long sock off of my foot. Myself being very skinny, I managed to tie it around my waist. Maybe that will stop the bleeding. The bullet had clipped my left side. It could've been worse, but luckily, it wasn't.

My head aches as I look around the room. Is this where they kept Steve? Am I doomed to the same fate as him?

I gathered up enough strength to stand. Leaning on the wall for support, I scramble to the door. I grip the handle and try to pry it off of the door. It just won't budge. I try to kick the handle with my foot, but I'm stopped by the pain in my side.

I fall to my knees by the door, my hand still clutching the door handle. A single tear slips down my cheek.

"Steve, I need you now." I mumble.

I release the door handle from my grasp and curl up into a ball on the floor.

Why did I accept this mission? I should've just stayed with Steve. Then we could've come back together.

We could've won together.

But they hurt him. And now, I fear that they will hurt me as well. I don't know what I will do without Steve here to save me. He has always been a fast healer, but this is different.

He has always been there to save me.

Don't get me wrong, I can save myself, but I need to be saved this time.

"Please, Steve." I sob, "Rescue me."