Last Minute Surprise

Steve places his hand on top of mine as we cut through the cake. Camera flashes nearly blind us as we try to place the cake on a plate. He hands me a fork and we divide the piece in half.

"Come on, Alice! Steve deserves a little cake in the face!" Tony hollers.

I chuckle and scoop some cake into the fork. Steve does the same. I laugh as he gives me the bite of the cake. The piece was big enough that a tiny bit of frosting got smeared on my nose. Steve chuckles before he wipes it off.

I thought about being nice to Steve, but I think Tony couldn't have been more right.

I turn the plastic fork around and pull back the prongs. I let go and watch as the cake piece goes flying and hits Steve square in the nose. He laughs and so does the crowd.

I hand Steve a napkin and help him wipe all of the cake off of his face.

"Why. That's my only question." He smiles as he wipes some frosting away from is forehead.

"I've always wanted to shove cake in my husbands face. What can I say? I watch too much of Four Weddings!" I laugh.

Steve cleans up his face and gives me a kiss. I could taste a little bit of frosting still left behind on his lips. He laughs and so do I.

The reception carried on. There was plenty of dancing, and lots of good times. Tony, of course, got a little tipsy. I wonder why, especially since we decided not to serve alcohol.

"He brought his own flask." Pepper admitted.

"Classic Tony." I shake my head.

"Yeah, you might want to check the punch bowl. Just in case." Pepper sighs.

Steve approached me from behind. He scared me a little, but I know he meant well.

"So, tell me! Where's the honeymoon destination?" Pepper gets excited.

Oh. My. God.

I was so busy with everything else, I forgot to book out honeymoon! Ugh! This night was perfect! Leave it to me and my crappy memory to screw everything up.

"Uhh! Steve! I forgot to book the honeymoon!" I was devastated.

"Hey, it's okay." Steve tries to console me.

"No it's not! Steve! It's one of the most important parts of the whole wedding! We have no honeymoon! This is a disaster!" I get upset with myself.

"No, Alice. I really mean it," Steve reaches into the pocket of his tuxedo. He pulls out two plane tickets. "It really is okay."

Round trip tickets to Paris.

"Oh my god!" I gasp.

"Surprise!" Pepper smiled.

I throw my arms around Steve's neck and laugh. He holds me tightly. I kiss him strongly.

"How did you pick it out?" I asked.

"It was simple. First, I know you want to go to Paris. And second, it's Paris! Who doesn't want to go?" Steve grins.

"It's perfect." I speak before Steve plants another kiss on my lips.