Girls' Day

I sat on the couch, music playing over the speaker system. Steve had been gone for three days. I haven't heard from him, but thanks to my job, I can see where he is. And he is alive.

My phone began to ring. I turned down the volume on the stereo. It was Pepper calling me.

"Hello?"

"Hi Alice!" Pepper sounded happy.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I wanted to ask you if you had started shopping for a wedding dress. It's almost New Years Eve, and you need to order a wedding dress. You know, they do take awhile to be made."

"Yeah, I understand. But I just wish Steve could be there. His opinion does matter to me."

"Alice! Steve cannot be there when you're picking out your wedding dress! Your dress should be something that you want!" Pepper was practically shouting through the phone.

"Pepper I know that I can't bring Steve with me, but I want his opinion. His opinion matters a lot to me." I explain.

"Well, how about you, me, and Nat go wedding dress shopping today?" Pepper suggests.

"Okay. Fine. Let's do it!" I say.

"Great! Nat and I will be over in an hour! See you later!" Pepper finishes.

"See you later. Bye Pepper!" I say.

"Bye!"

I end the call and sigh. Just thinking of my upcoming wedding made me miss my fiancé even more. This is our wedding. We should be able to plan out every detail together. I want his opinion on what I should wear. But I honestly don't even know what kind of dress I want.

I shower and blow dry my hair, letting it dangle down my back. I change into a simple short dress and put on my flats.

Within no time, I hear a knock at my door. I stand on my tip toes to see through the peep hole. I open the door and Pepper and Nat were waiting.

"Ready to go dress shopping?" Pepper asks excitedly.

"I guess." I smile lightly.

"Come on! It's a girls day! Let's go have fun!" Pepper gives me a hug.

I close the door to our apartment. Nat walks behind us.

"Still not that fond about shopping." Nat mutters.