Serious Problem

Tonight is Christmas Eve, but there's a serious problem. And I don't know what to do about this.

I had felt a strange feeling all day in my stomach. First, I thought that I was just a little sick to my stomach. But as the night progressed, it got worse and worse.

Not only that, but I'm only one month along. Why do I look like I'm two months pregnant?

Something is wrong. But I don't know what to do. I don't want Steve to freak out, but if this means saving our child's life, I need to tell him,

-

To take my mind off of things, Steve and I decided to watch a Christmas movie. We both preferred comedies, so we decided to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. He was laughing like a little kid, and he understood all of the jokes. Even though it had some 'bad language' words in it, he seemed to not care.

Then it happened. A sharp pain tore through me.

A gasped and doubled over in pain. Steve began to freak out.

"Alice! What's wrong? Is it the baby?"

There was nothing that I could do. The pain was so much that I couldn't talk very smoothly.

"Steve. Phone now. Call Bruce. Hurry!"  I blurted out in between heavy breaths.

He ran into the kitchen and grabbed my phone, which was laying on the kitchen counter. He ran back to my side as he pressed the phone to his ear.

"Bruce! I need you at our apartment, now! It's Alice! Something might be wrong with the baby!" Steve paused for a minute to listen to what Bruce had to say. "We don't have five minutes! Tell me what to do! Alice is in serious pain!"

Steve passed the phone to me. I took it in my shaking hand and pressed it to my ear, "Bruce!" I cried out.

"Talk to me Alice. What's wrong." Bruce said calmly over the phone.

"I-I don't know! It's a really sharp pain! It burns." I whimper, biting my lower lip to keep myself from sobbing.

"I'm on my way now. Just lay down, relax and keep breathing. I'll stay on the line. Talk me through what your feeling." Bruce's voice brought me some hope. He should know what is wrong.

"I can't describe it." I pant. All these years of working for SHIELD. All these years of being shot, stabbed, poisoned, nearly strangled, it's nothing like this.

This pain is different.

"Just remain calm. I'm almost there." Bruce was still maintaining a calm voice.

I slowly stretched out on the couch, the pain still radiating through me. Steve took my hand, ignoring the fact that I was squeezing the crap out of it.

His baby blue eyes went back and forth between me and my belly. His one spare hand rested on my belly.

"What can I do? What can I do to help you, Alice?" He begged.

I winced as the pain went through me again, "Just be here." I muttered.

"Always." He kissed my hand.

Bruce's voice came from out of nowhere. "That's cute. You guys still know that I'm on the phone right?"

A/N: Okay let me just explain. In case you are wondering, no, Alice does not have a miscarriage. I didn't really want to have a chapter like this, but everything will be fully explained in the next chapter. I will publish them back-to-back tonight.