One Hour

Yes, I blame Steve.

He should've known better than to grab some random water bottle out of the hotel fridge. Steve is a highly trained agent! You would've thought that he would've known to not trust this random water bottle that happened be poisoned. Now my life is at risk, once more, and for all I know I could be dying right now.

If I survive this, he and I will be having a very long talk about this.

The sound of a creaking door grabs my attention. Steve looks up and puts a tighter grip around me. Doesn't he know that I can take care of myself? I've been tortured by my brother, and I think I can manage to get myself out this time.

"Still breathing, Alice? Impressive!" Cole asks obnoxiously. "Still trying to save her, Captain?"

Steve glares at Cole. The anger and frustration in Steve's eyes grows larger by the second.

"You know, you didn't have to take the bottle out of the fridge at the hotel. I was only testing your wits, Captain Rogers. Apparently, your wits aren't as strong as I had thought them to be. So, not only do you fall for my trap, but you also pass the poison over to the woman you love most. My little brat of a sister." He looks at me, an evil smirk across his face.

Steve stays silent, watching me carefully. I've never been so angry with Steve. I wish he would leave me alone right now.

"Just one more hour, Alice. That's all you have left. Savor each second." Cole smirks before he steps back.

The anger building inside me suddenly gives me a new unfound strength. I leap up from Steve's embrace and run up to the bars of the door. My hands grab the collar of Cole's shirt and I pull him to the bared door.

"I don't care if I have an hour or two more minutes of life. Every second will be dedicated to you. Every second will be dedicated for finding the most horrifying way to kill you. You might be my brother by blood, but I can't even stand to call you that. You will pay. Even if it's the last thing I do." I mutter to him, my voice still rough and scratchy.

Cole makes a run for it. I clash my head against one of the bars on the door. Tears begin to streak down my face. When did I get so courageous?

Honestly, I do care about having one hour of life left.

I never heard Steve walk up behind me. He scared me when he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Alice, everything will be-"

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I scream.