The Demands Are High

-April-

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The ghost is impossible to find. Even when I tried to find him myself, he never dared to show.

I'm getting tired of waiting. And I think the rest of the team is tired too. Something needs to be done. Someone needs to get his attention.

And that someone is me.

I log on to the computer and begin to work on some paperwork. It was late and most of the team had gone to their rooms. Except for Steve. I'm presuming that he's at the gym.

That's when the screen on my computer crashes. I pull my hands away from the keyboard, thinking I broke it. The screen goes fuzzy, and then a live camera is playing. And I nearly pass out due to what I see.

The Winter Soldier is staring right at me. He glares at me. All I could see was his eyes. The rest of his face was covered.

I shiver as he glares at me. I raise my hand to speak into my earpiece but he stops me.

"Press that button, and the one you love will be shot." He snarls. I slowly lower my hand, breathing heavily.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"My only demand is that SHIELD falls and you are dead. That's what Cole wanted." He speaks.

"Not an option." I replied quickly.

"What a shame." He replies.

"Why do you want me dead?" I demand an answer. I watch his shoulders lunge forwards as he chuckles silently.

"I'm just listening to Cole's orders."

"Well his orders are being denied." My voice lowers in tone.

"You will go to Central Park in New York tomorrow at twelve o'clock. You will bring no one with you. You will also bring one million dollars in cash. I will send someone to pick up the cash. Ignore an of these demands, and you will pay the price in front of dozens of innocent lives."

"Never." I grit through my teeth.

"I have a sniper with a clear shot of your head in his sights. Unless you listen to me, he can finish Cole's business right now."

I freeze. I look out of the window that was right in front of me. A sniper? That's impossible.

"Central Park, tomorrow, at noon. Don't be late." He says as the screen begins to blur out. And just like that he's gone.

I stand from my chair and over my mouth with my hands. I back up to the door and sprint out.

I press the button on my earpiece as I run.

"Does anyone copy? Avengers assemble!"