Bucky

His hair is long, dark, and scraggly. He just looks so confused, so misguided, and definitely lost in time. I would be too if I had missed out on 70+ years of my life. His eyes were dim, even under the bright lights of the room. And his arm, that shining metal arm, it haunts me. It sent shivers down my spine when the light bounced off of it and the gleam hit my eye. Steve flinched slightly. The fact that he was seeing his childhood friend alive with him in this century must've been scaring him. For the first time, I think he doesn't feel alone.

"Bucky?" Steve calls out first, and his grip on my hand intensifies.

"Steve." He replies, standing from the chair.

As memories from my first kidnapping begin to play in my mind, I stumble backwards. I release Steve's hand from mine. Steve turns to me and his eyes appear dim. James backs away as well. I think he was frightened because I was frightened. Steve takes my hand in his and pulls me back up to his side, this time, he places his hand on my waist.

"Bucky." Steve holds out his hand for a handshake, but James refuses it. Instead, he pulls him into a hug. I stood alone, watching them.

"It's been awhile." James says.

"Too long." Steve replies.

James's eyes wander over to me. He shrugs his brow and appears confused. Steve exchanges glances with me before he finally decides what to do.

"And who are you?" He asks me.

"Bucky, may I introduce my wife, Alice." Steve pulls me in close to him.

"Wife? You got married?" Bucky asked.

"And not too long ago either." I added. James smiled.

"I'm happy for you." He says, taking Steve into a handshake which then lead to another hug.

James holds out a hand. Does he want a handshake? I place my hand in his and he gives me a friendly hug. But then he pushes me away quickly.

"My God. You're the one." His voice cracks slightly, "The one that I pulled by the hair, the one that I poisoned, the one that I tortured."