The Phone Call (Pt.1)

-Three Days Later-

I had changed into my I Love Captain America shirt. Simply because I am missing my Captain.

I haven't heard from him at all. It's been hard to wake up to an empty bed. But, I check every day, making sure that he's alive.

I was watching TV while flipping through a bridal magazine. My feet were propped up on the coffee table. If Steve were here, he'd yell at me for doing that.

I glance up at the TV. The news continued to play. They were showing scenes from the wars going on in the world. That is until I see one that catches my eye. Particularly because of the SHIELD jet in the picture. I pause the TV and toss my magazine back on the table. And as I look closely, I see a figure, standing on the roof of a building. A large circular shield on his back.

"Steve?" I ask, jumping up from the couch, my hand pressing against the screen.

I run back and press play. I watch as Steve darts across the roof, but then gets knocked down. I clutch the remote in my hand as the newscaster continues to talk.

"So far, one death has been confirmed." The newscaster speaks. I drop the remote as sadness starts to flood my heart. Please don't be Steve. Please don't be Steve.

I look at the glossy magazine that I had tossed on the table. I picked it up, flipping the pages between my fingers. It reminded me of our wedding that would be coming. Steve would not let himself die before our wedding. Steve would not let him self get killed. Period.

I jumped as my cell phone began to ring. My hands shook as I saw the caller ID.

It was SHIELD.

I took a shaky breath, a single tear cascaded down my cheek, as I pressed the answer button. Please, don't be about Steve. Please, don't be about Steve. Please, don't be about Steve.

"Hello?"