The Guest Room

- Late November-

James was busy training at SHIELD. After so many months, he wanted to work to become an agent. I was the one who first suggested it, and so he took my advice. He began to train and before he knew it, he was beginning to forget his past. I could tell he was forgetting it. He was coming closer to me. He was beginning to accept me as a friend. And I was too.

Steve was so happy to have his friend back. They spent a lot of time together. Steve helped to catch James up on all the big things that he has missed over the last few decades. I helped as well, only because Steve wanted to make sure he got his facts straight.

Now with winter fast approaching, Steve and I were getting ready to prepare for the upcoming holidays. It will be our first Christmas together as a married couple.

Because of the holiday decorations, that meant we had to go into our 'junk room' to dig out all of the decorations. That room was a disaster on it's own. There was no path in, and there was no path out. I changed into a pair of sweats and one of Steve's shirts.

That's when my stomach shifted a little. Maybe lunch wasn't agreeing with me. I'll have to give it a little bit of time to settle, but I have to help Steve with the decorations.

Steve met me in the hallway. He stood in silence as he looked at he tightly packed room, "We have to clean it out. Maybe we could make it a home office or something." He suggests.

"We'll have to paint the walls. They need to be repainted." I add.

My stomach shifts again.

"True. But what color?" He asks.

I think I'm going to be sick.

"Hold that thought." I say quickly, making a sprint to the bathroom.

-

I quietly heaved into the toilet. Steve was standing in the door way. I wish he wouldn't come in, I didn't want him to see me like this. But he came in and pulled my hair away from my face. I was thanking him in my mind. When it finally stopped I flushed the toilet. Steve left for a moment, but returned shortly with a glass of water.

"What happened? Lunch not agreeing with you?" He asks.

"Apparently." I take a sip of water.

"You can go work on something else, I'll be out in a minute." I say.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"I'm sure. I'll be fine." I reply.

Steve plants a kiss on my forehead before he leaves the bathroom. As soon as he leaves I spring to my feet and shut the door.

Another thought had crossed my mind.

I opened my cabinet under the sink and pulled out a test. A pregnancy test. The more that I thought about it, all the evidence began to show. It all seemed to line up.

And when the results were in, I couldn't believe it.

It was positive.

-

A/N: Well, I never received any feedback so I went ahead and published this chapter. Well, were you expecting this?!

Keep the votes and comments coming!! Thank you!!