Let Us Help

I knock on Steve's door. Old music was softly playing. When Steve doesn't answer, I knock again.

"Steve, please. I know you're in there." I call softly. Footsteps approach the door. I step back as Steve opens the door.

His face was blank. No expression.

"Why? Do you think everything is fixable by risking your life? Alice, why?" Steve was so upset.

"Steve, please just-"

"Alice, do you ever think about what will happen to you if you give up to him? He will kill you! Cole already stopped your heart once. Alice, we're getting married in a few months! I don't want to cancel the wedding because you're basically killing yourself. Alice, please, don't do this. Let me help you."

Steve pulls me in for a hug, "I want to marry you, Alice. I want to move out of this town and settle down. I want to have a family with you. I can't do any of that without you. Please, don't do this. Let me help. Let the Avengers help." Steve begged.

He hugged me tightly. He was so upset and now I realize what I have done. I'm tearing Steve apart and even threatening our engagement. I need help from the Avengers. I need help from my fiancé. We can beat The Winter Soldier together.

"Then help me." I respond. "Help me find him. Help me put an end to all of this. That way we can settle down. Have a family and start our lives together. You've always protected me, Steve. And I'm scared. I'm scared that this time, I'm going to lose everything. But I know that won't happen. We're vibranium strong, remember?" I whisper in his ear.

Steve pulls away from the hug and leans in, kissing me softly on the lips. He kisses me slowly until I pull away.

"Are you going to help?" I ask.

"Of course, but you sound like you know what to do. So, with that being said, tell me what to do." Steve demands.

"Well, it won't be easy. Considering all of the time that it is going to take to find the man in charge. He could be planning to attack us right now, and we wouldn't know it. So, it could be months until we find him." I explain.

"We are all targets to him, Alice. We will have to stay on guard for several months. You and I will have to be more alert than anyone." Steve says.

"Let's face it Steve, I'm the biggest target." I sigh.

"I'll do my best to make sure you're safe. It's my job." Steve smiles.

"Then let's get to work."