Who He Is

I've never seen him so antsy. He can't sit still. I'm as solid as a marble statue. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what has just happened. Steve must be doing the same.

It's been three days since James broke into our apartment. And for the past few days, they've been trying to restore his memory.

And then it happened.

He remembered Steve. He remembered the day that he fell off the train and was supposed to die. He now knows everything. I can't help but to feel sorry for James. HYDRA completely transformed him into something that he never thought he'd be.

Today, Steve is going to meet him.

"I can't do this alone." He says suddenly, "He's not the man he use to be. He's been through so much and to see him again, it's just bringing back flashbacks. Memories that I often thought I wanted to forget." His blue eyes locked on mine. He needs me right now. I know he can't do this alone.

"I'll be right behind you. Not just as your friend, but as you wife." I repeat his words from so long ago when I was going to see my brother for the first time. The only difference is that this time, he's not my boyfriend anymore, he's my husband.

His eyes sparkle as he smiled at me, "I didn't think that you would remember that." He extends his hand over to mine and gently grasps it. His touch is warm and comforting, just like it always is.

So long ago, he was comforting me as I was getting ready to face one of my biggest fears. Facing my brother was one of the hardest things I have ever done. After all, he did die, then come back to life, and then he tried to kill us both. And now, Steve is going back to his era and seeing his best friend. His best friend who died a tragic death, but came back to life in the most horrible of way.

I think Steve has got it worse then I did.

"Are you ready?" I ask him.

"Yes." He replied.

I knew this was going to be an interesting meeting. I'm almost afraid to see him again. After he tried to kill us both in the most horrible way.

There's no way of telling who his is now until we meet him.

A/N:
Hey! I'm so sorry about the late updates. I've been so busy with musical rehearsals after school. So it's been taking up a lot of my free time. I'll try to update a few more times this week. Thanks for reading!

-Camryn