Pillow Fight

-Steve POV-

Alice and I decided to escape to our apartment for the weekend. We needed a break from SHIELD.

Alice sat on the couch, wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket. I snuck up behind her and planted a kiss on her cheek. She grinned.

"Are you cold?" I ask, rubbing her shoulders. Alice often got cold easily. I wonder if I should turn down the air conditioning.

"Just a little." She replies.

I sit down behind her. I wrap my arms around her and pull her back towards me. Her head was resting on my chest.

"I don't need the blanket if you're here to keep me warm." She says.

I smile, "It's nice to be away from SHIELD. Just the two of us."

She smiles, "It sure is."

Alice turns her head and looks straight at me. I pull her lips up to mine and softly kiss her.

"You know, for being 90-something years old, you're an amazing kisser." She chuckles.

"You just think you're hilarious, don't you?" I smile.

I tickle her side and she begins to laugh. She tries to get me back, but I'm not ticklish. So instead, she grabs a pillow, and smacks the side of my head.

"Hey! I can play this game too, you know!" I laugh, smacking her with a pillow.

Alice falls off the couch and runs towards our bedroom. I throw the pillow at her as she darts towards the hallway. I leap off the couch and chase her into the bedroom, only to find myself getting knocked on the ground by an airborne pillow.

Alice laughs as she wipes a tear away from the corners of her eyes. She was crying due to laughing so hard.

I quickly shoot upright and throw the pillow back at her. It hits her in the head and throws her back, causing her to hit her head on the wall.

"Ahh!" She cries out, her head colliding with the wall. She falls to the floor, and the room goes silent.

"Alice?" I ask, quickly jumping to my feet. I dash around the bed and see her holding her head.

"You alright?" I ask.

"Please don't hit me!" She begs, holding up a hand in an attempt to protect her.

"Alice? Alice! It's me! It's Steve." I say, bending over and scooping her into my arms.

"Steve?" She asks.

"It's me. I'm here." I mumble.

She grasps the collar of my shirt and pulls me closer to her.

"You threw the pillow so hard. When I hit my head, I thought I was back in Iceland." She sobs, her tears falling onto my shirt.

"Shh. You're home. You're home with me. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." I tell her.

"I know." She replies, "Next time, throw the pillow softly." She tries to find some humor.

"Will do." I reply.