Vibranium Strong

-One Week Later-

I try to think positive today. Steve accepted the mission, and now he leaves today. After every horrible mission that we have been through together the past few months, it scares me to send him off on his own.

Steve steps into the bathroom to gather some of his things around to pack. While he was in there, I snuck into the bedroom and grabbed his shield. I walked back into the living room and stuffed his shield under the couch. Maybe this would show him how much I don't want him to leave.

"Alice, have you seen my shield?" Steve calls from the bedroom.

"Uhh, no? I thought you had it with you!" I call back, trying not to sound suspicious.

Steve comes into the living room, checking everywhere. He wanders into the kitchen and looked behind every piece of furniture in the house. But he never dared to look under the cushions in the couch.

"Alright, where is it." He smirks.

"I don't know." I reply sternly.

"I know you did something to it. Where'd you put it?" He asks, stepping towards me.

"Fine." I roll my eyes as I walk towards the couch. "It's over here." I say.

Steve crosses to the couch. He lifted up the pillows on the couch and then bent down and looked underneath.

"Alice. Where is it?" He crosses his arms.

I sigh before I lift up the couch cushions and hand him his shield. Steve's facial expression was priceless.

"How'd you get it in the couch?" He asks.

"A shield thief never reveals her secrets." I smile lightly, but it quickly faded away.

Steve's smile faded as well. I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly. Steve is my everything. If I lose him, I don't know how I would live, or even breathe. He is my safe place. He protects me like no other man ever has. If he dies, part of my soul dies too.

"Alice, I'm coming home. Don't forget that. I'll come home. I can't leave you. You're my everything. My love for you is unmeasurable." He kisses the top of my head.

"I know, I just-I can't lose you." I begin to cry.

"You're not going to lose me." He whispers. He releases me from the hug. He holds up his shield in front of me.

"My shield is made from the strongest metal on Earth. It's called vibranium. It's unbreakable, just like my love for you. So remember that. My love for you is vibranium strong." He explains.

"Vibranium strong. Always." I say. My love for him is the same. It will always be vibranium strong.

Steve gathers his bags. I walk with him to the door.

"I'll be home soon. And just remember, we are vibranium strong." Steve smiles before he gives me a long passionate kiss. So gentle, yet strong.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you, too." I reply.

He gathers his bags and steps out the door. I softly shut the door behind him, before I lean against the door letting my head hit it. I sigh softly.

I already miss him.