Chapter 1

"Lynx!"

I was busy on my phone and looked at the door, and saw a woman called my name.

She is familiar, sa kabilang section siya. Most of the time, people call me by my first name, Gaston. So this is unusual. Ilan lang ang tumatawag sa akin ng second name ko.

I was supposed to stand up when someone in front stood up instead.

Right, I realized I was not the only one who had that name in the class. There is another one who possessed that name.

Ada Carmella Lynx Estrella. That was her name.

Peter smirked at me, but I just shrugged it off. Whatever. Hinihintay pa namin ang susunod na klase, that is why we have our free time.

We are third year college students taking up electrical engineering. If Gunner will continue his masters abroad. I will be taking up industrial engineering. Electrical first, then industrial. That is my goal from the very start.

I watched her talk to her friend? I am not sure. She always acts quiet and reserved. I am only interested in her because we have the same name. Lynx, a constellation. My mother loves stars and so she named me after it.

I looked at her from head to toe. How should I describe her? She always wear long sleeves. Anything long sleeves, from thin jackets to flannels. As if takot siyang ipakita ang balat niya.

Dahil hindi na kami mashushuffle, kami na ang magkakasama hanggang graduation. So she's been my classmate since first year. She picked my interest from the very start of school because of her name, and she is as well uhmmm....gorgeous.

I've seen her before with regular t-shirts and she still looks the same I guessed. She still looks so gorgeous. Just rightly gorgeous.

From her almond shaped eyes, cute little nose, and red bow shaped lips. Her hair is not that long, but it is wavy. Her skin color is light, and it always looks so smooth.

She is smart, but I am a genius. Gunner was always the first on the list for dean's lists, and I am always the second. And her name would be found around the top ten. She is a scholar so she needs to study harder, she is a working student as well so her ranking is actually already impressive.

I shook my head. Hindi dapat ako nag-iisip ng ganon. Maganda at matalino pero masungit. Ayoko sa ganon.

Well, in those three years, we had no real interactions. We only had one group project that we were together, but she remained lowkey with the group. She can't take jokes, and always prefers to be alone. Definitely not my type at all. I prefer the more liberated one.

Really, Gaston? Mamatay ka man bukas?

Yes, really. And why the fuck am I even convincing myself?!

"She is melting." Biglang nagsalita si Peter sa tabi ko.

"Ano?" I asked him clearly.

"Ada is melting. You are staring too much."

"I am not staring. And she is not my type at all." Binaling ko sa iba ang tingin ko.

"I did not ask if she is your type. Nagpapahalata ka naman." He teased me.

"Whatever." Muli kong binalik ang tingin ko sa cellphone.

"Oh yeah, nakalimutan ko. You prefer wild girls." He wiggled his brows and smirked meaningly at me.

We both laughed. Sure, I like wilder girls. I mean. I can't deny that, I am always guilty about it.

And she is different.

I stole a glance at her one more time, and I am damn sure, she is not one of those.