Chapter 16

Dinala ko lang ang iPad dahil na sa laptop lahat ni Carmella ng files namin. She's been the one in charge of compiling all of our finished reports at ibibigay na niya lamang ang kanyang flash drive.

I already checked all of our finished documents last weekend and she is really organized. I am organized with my things too but she is way way more extra.

I looked at the entrance again kahit alam kung maaga pa, sampung minuto palang ang lumipas mula ng umupo ako dito. But it's fine, I am just too damn excited to see her today.

Magsisinungaling na lang ako mamaya kung magtatanong siya kung anong oras ako dumating. I looked at the entrance again when a bunch of student cheerleaders came in. Biglang umingay ang tahimik na coffee shop sa pagpasok nila, there might be around 15 students came in and most of them were women.

Some of them greeted and flirtatiously smiled at me at wala akong magawa kung hindi ngumiti ng marahan. I knew some of them because...these were the times I wish I never entered in different relationships before, I do not want Carmella to see me this way. She might not feel jealous at all but it felt so wrong kahit na wala naman akong karelasyon na iba.

I breathed in deeply and looked at the door again. But my vision caught something on the side of the door making me stop breathing.

Carmella is near the door frame looking at me then her wrist watch.

Fuck. Am I busted?

She entered the coffee shop at mas lalo akong kinabahan. I looked at her from head to toe and she was still wearing her pyjamas and long sleeves. Nakabun ang alon alon niyang buhok at mukhang galing lang niya sa pagro-grocery.

I swallowed hard as she neared my table. Now, what should I reason about? Bakit ang aga-aga kung dumating?

I looked at her as she sat in front of me, her cold gaze met my trembling eyes.

Napilitan akong ngumiti. "Ummm...Good-"

"Why so early?" She asked me instead. Her cold gaze sent shivers down my spine.

"May...ginawa ako sa university?" Patanong kong sagot.

She raised her brows and I avoided her gaze.

"I do not like liars too." She straightforwardly responded at nanlaki ang nga mata ko.

"Hey! I am not lying!" I aggressively defended myself.

She raised her brows again and looked at the cheerleaders on the other tables. Some of them are looking at us and some are smiling at me suggestively...fuck!

I swallowed hard when her gaze found mine again.

I am not cheating! At hindi ako nambababae!

Her eyes looked at me critically and my sweat started forming on my forehead. Wala akong ginagawang masama pero pakiramdam ko nahuli niya ako sa isang krimen na hindi ko naman ginawa.

But...wait...is she jealous?

I automatically smile after thinking about it. She really is!

"What?" She asked again.

Nawala ang ngiti sa aking labi.

I cleared my throat to ease the tension in my chest. Well, it's better to say that I am just too damn excited to see her, rather than her thinking that I am from the university who just finished watching some cheerleaders.

"Uhmmm, I just came here early because I am just too damn excited to see you." I said seriously.

Slowly, her eyes went wide and avoided my eyes. I could feel my cheeks heating up too with her reaction at iniwas na rin ang tingin sa aking harapan.