Chapter 15

"Why? What's your problem?" She asked curiously.

Nanatili ang pagkadismaya sa aking mukha. Why is opening a door for her such a big deal now? Fuck! I shook my head to get rid of whatever useless thing I am making up.

"Is this where you live?" I asked instead and looked at her apartment in front of us. I looked at their gate and it looked secured too. May mga street lights at may nakakabit rin na cctv.

"Yes, at mag isa lang ako sa apartment." She responded as she looked at it too.

My ears went wide with what she said.

Mag isa lang siya sa apartment niya, then that means...kapag naging kami na...we could...hmmm. I could visit her right? Papayagan naman na niya ako siguro kapag naging kami na?

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" She curiously yet brutally asked again.

Kaagad kong pinaalis ang ngiti sa aking labi. "Nothing..." But she is alone. Is it safe for her? Secured ba ang lock ng kwarto niya? Ng main door niya? May malapit bang cctv sa kanya?

"Papasok na ako." She walked past me hanggang sa makarating siya sa kanilang gate.

"Thank you for driving me home." She coldly thanked me.

I looked at her softly and smiled warmly. "Go...I'll wait here till you lock your door."

And I have realized one thing today. Her voice is naturally cold, but her expression will make a difference. She looked so relaxed and relieved right now looking at me.

She nodded her head and that is when I remembered I needed her phone number. I am courting her now, so I should have her digits! And we will meet tomorrow as well, we need communication, right? The more I needed her number.

She turned her back to me and was supposed to enter the steel gate when I stopped her.

It is natural for me to get her number but I am feeling so shy right now. I feel like a thirteen year old boy trying to get his crush's attention. Fuck! I've done this many times so why am I feeling this right now? Of course, it's because Carmella is different.

I slowly walked towards her as I grabbed my phone from my back pocket. I stopped just enough between us and swallowed hard. Pakiramdam ko may bumukol sa lalamunan ko.

"What?" She coldly asked again.

Iniwas ko ang mga mata sa kanya at muling napalunok ng malalim.

"Your...number. I-I need your number." I stuttered, then handed my phone without looking at her still.

"What for?" She asked again at doon na ako napatingin sa kanya.

Why is she asking this thing? Mas lalo lang akong nakakaramdam ng hiya sa mga tanong niya.

"Of course. I am courting you now we will text and call each other." My answer almost came aggressively just to mask my nervousness and shyness.

Kumunot ang noo niya sa akin. "I am not a fan of texting and calling, if that's what you are expecting." And then she started typing her digits.

I kinda expected this answer from her and there is no problem with me. "That's fine." I reassuringly said.

I felt the excitement all over my body as she finished typing her number.

Woah! I really have her number now!

I looked at the name she typed in and was disappointed with her full name written on it. Papalitan ko to mamaya pagdating ko sa penthouse. I smirked at my own thoughts.