Chapter 5

"Happy birthday po!" I smiled at Mrs. Aquino as we greeted her, while her husband and daughter were just right by her side.

"I'm glad you made it August and Claudia, and of course, ang nag-iisang unico hijo niyo, Gaston."

Mrs. Aquino kissed my mothers cheeks as they greeted each other. Ngumiti naman kami ni Papa sa mag asawa.

"Of course, we have too." Dumapo ang mga mata ni Mama sa nag-iisang anak rin nilang babae. "Oh my! You've grown a lot, Iha!"

Their daughter smiled at Mom shyly as her eyes travelled to me. I smiled at her and saw how her face reddened. I wish Carmella could react as simply as that too whenever I smile at her.

But nevermind, the earth will shatter if she ever reacts that way to me. Just utterly impossible.

"She will turn eighteen in few months….Gaston Iho." Mrs. Aquino looked at me. "It is still early but I want you to be her 18th rose, is that fine?"

We have met each other several times already during these types of events. She is a family friend and I have no problem with that. But we were never engaged in a conversation, kung meron man, kasali palagi ang mga magulang namin sa usapan, kagaya nito.

"Sure po, no problem." I smiled at her warmly and looked at their daughter again and saw how her eyes sparkled with my answer.

It would be great too If I'll see Carmella's eyes sparkle just like that, not her ice piercing look. But again, another impossible thing for her to do.

They started chatting and my eyes wandered to find Gunner. I spotted him immediately sitting on their table with his parents. He really looked like a good boy sitting in there minding his own business.

"Pa, I'll be with Gunner."

Bumaling sa akin si Papa at tinapik ang aking balikat. "Go on, Son."

With that, nagpaalam na ako ng tuluyan at pumasok na sa venue. Her birthday was celebrated in one of the hotels under their partnership with Gunner's parents. The hall was full of businessmen who are just probably here to see some potential investors and widen their connections, the birthday celebration is only second the reason.

"Gunner!" I smirked at him as he looked at me like a nuisance to his life. Well, that is partly true.

He is alone at their table and I am sure if given the chance, he won't attend this event. He will choose to stay at home and study or stalk her crush. Mas lalo siyang sumimangot ng tuluyan na akong umupo sa tabi niya.

"It's a miracle that you're here." I teased him.

"It's a miracle you are not with a woman today." He rebutted, and I just laughed at him.

"Nope. My Mom will kill me." I uttered as I looked at the ladies already looking at us. Some of them waved and I can't help but waved back and smile.

"Tsk tsk." He looked at me with disappointment.

I only laughed at him more and I just know he is annoyed by my laughing right now. He hates it so much when I am not affected or pissed off by his rebuttals.

"How was your internship?" He suddenly asked.

"It's good. All good. How about yours?"

He then looked at me carefully. "All good too...but Peter told me something…"

My smile faded and now he is the one smirking at me like I was just caught.

"Peter told me that...you like your partner very much." He smirked at me more.